HealthTap Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

HealthTap Interview Questions

Interviews at HealthTap

2.6

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Mountain View, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview was very casual and pretty standard, no curveball questions. We briefly went over my past work experience and how it relates to the job description. I was offered advice on how to get along with the team.

Interview Questions

• What task from your last job would you delegate to someone else if you could?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Got email from headhunter, interview had been scheduled promptly. I have been reading negative reviews about HealthTap and my interview experience pretty much in line with bad reviews. My interviewer just join the company month ago and could’t answer simple question: how do you like working for HealthTap so far? Then he started non stop questions and tasks, all verbal: you have table a,b,c with columns .... and so on. Then another task and another, all together around 6-7 and every time I had to imagine all those tales/columns and on the spot get an answer. Really, can they prepare better for interview? Do they know about shared screen, tables schema, launchpad, properly written questions? I feel the single purpose of interview was to catch me on something I don’t know and therefore so many tasks were given. Doesn’t look like interviewer bothered to read my resume, when asked if I know dimension and fact tables...Serously? It is in my resume - 8 years as datawarehouse specialist with 2 courses in Kimball University. To summarize: do not waste your time with interview at HealthTap, they not professional and don’t respect engineers, looks like bad reviews at Glassdoor are real.

Interview Questions

• Too many, all verbal with details, hard to grasp it at once and understand the question.   Answer Question

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Memorably humiliating experience interviewing with HealthTap.

Applied online, was contacted quickly to set up an interview. Drove an hour down to Palo Alto for the onsite. Spoke with the recruiting contact and she informed me I would be speaking with several different people. Talked with others in senior roles, Business Development and Product if I recall correctly. The next person to speak with was the CTO. He quickly honed in on past irrelevant experience. Midway through a question, he interrupts me and says that I'm a better fit for a different role that I was very overqualified for. He then gets up and walks out of the room. A bit taken aback I walked out asking if I should stay. Without looking up from his monitor he says "no need to stay." I gathered my things and wandered around the office asking random employees to badge me through doors and point me towards the exit.

All in all a very poor experience, but from the reviews here it seems like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in HealthTap   1 Answer

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

I applied for a job and was also referred by an acquaintance. The process consisted of: a screening call; a phone call with the hiring manager; an uncompensated assignment that required almost an entire day of research, thinking and writing; an on-site interview day at their offices lasting several hours during which I spoke to 5 people (some in person and some via video chat); one or two more follow up phone calls with an assistant and the hiring manager.

The on-site experience was a bit of a roller coaster. Some of the people I met were very welcoming, friendly and really interesting to talk to. Others were cold, bordering on insulting. One senior male employee was extremely rude and arrogant, and asked some shockingly inappropriate questions. My general sense was/is that the hiring manager was fearful, and that there was an active internal culture war happening at this company. Most of my concrete questions about internal processes and how work gets done at this company, or how employees are evaluated and KPIs assigned, were dodged.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions that related to ability to perform the role; Tell me about yourself and your background; Tell me about a time when you failed; What are you like as an employee?   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HealthTap.

Interview

Very strange experience. Was contacted by HealthTap to speak about a lead marketing role that looked very interesting for me (coming from a top employer in Bay Area). Completed written exercise (to all positive feedback) and a series of interviews where it became apparent that the company does not have much of a marketing infrastructure at all and are "still figuring out product". A couple of times was asked to get on other calls with them in the evenings (9 pm once) to continue interviews, without a timeline or end in sight. Then they disappeared. When I asked what happened (as I had invested time and resources into making the content for the exercise), clearing my schedule a few times a week at random times while the process was going on (over the course of 3 or so weeks), they told me to hang on as the role is slightly changing. All of the interviews were very basic questions, even from senior leadership. I saw the red flags at that point, but was still curious what would come out of it. I followed up again. Never heard anything from them again.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had overall positive phone screen and a fairly well-organized initial on-site interview with about 5 people from the team. Those interactions were very conversational. Was called back to HQ a few days later to meet with the CEO. He was as eccentric as everyone says, but I didn't mind it. It's good to have some creativity where it counts. He did repeat several times "I invented this / It's my invention." He clearly didn't want me to mistake that detail. Also made me wonder if he would embrace the team. I was told interviews went well and was asked for 4 references.

The hiring manager kept talking up the company to me and how he couldn't wait for me to start. He called me in for a 3rd on-site interview to talk about my first assignment once I start and requested two more references even after 4 positive ones were checked.

Meanwhile I talked to 3 trusted mentors in the space, all who said to steer clear of this company for various reasons, mostly surrounding leadership integrity. I did see the negative Glassdoor reviews, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and pressed on.

Phone call with hiring manager a 2 days later essentially giving a verbal offer without naming a salary. He requested my most recent paystub to verify my salary. I politely responded that it was illegal to ask me for that. The next day I was told cryptically that there would now not be an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a technical phone screen and was then invited onsite for 1:1 interviews with 4 engineers. Questions mainly revolved around data structures. Nothing too crazy. For the next round, they invited me again to meet the CEO.

A few days later, I was invited again to discuss the offer. The offer seemed pretty low and I tried negotiating a bit. They gave me a final offer saying that's the best they can do and asked me to respond within a day. I declined the offer the next day. The emailed me again saying they were willing to renegotiate. I found this strange.

On the plus side, most of the people I met seemed very smart and driven.

Customer Support Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process at HealthTap is very thorough and organized. You need to get through a phone screening first before you're given a mini assignment to work on. They give you 7 days to complete the assignment and the directions are very clear and easy to understand. You're also given feedback on your assignment which is really nice and not something most companies do.

In person, the interview was at the corporate office in downtown Palo Alto. I met with 3 of the team members who were all very nice and dedicated to their jobs.

They did get back to me in the time frame they said they would and told me I was an impressive candidate, but they did decide that I wasn't the right fit for this role.

Overall positive experience and I think HealthTap is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• The third person I met with was very analytical and wanted me to explain in detail some way of bringing a company from A to Z which I think is a difficult question if you don't have all the details.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

A bit messy with the process as there were many phone screens for some reason. The place is cramped and there was a strange vibe throughout the whole place.
    I would avoid interviewing here and spend the time studying up for better opportunities.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how hyped are you to join health tap? Why not a 10.   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HealthTap in November 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call, which went great. I was asked to come in for an in person. My first interviewer was telling me a lot about the company and her experience, not too much regarding me, but she let me know how much she really wanted me on the team and how I would be a great fit.

Then, my next interviewer sat down with me and his phone kept ringing and he was texting throughout the interview and even answered a phone call. Was not engaging through the interview process and did not ask any real relevant questions about my skill set. I feel he already had his mind made up from the get go.

I was told I would interview with 3 people pre interview, and at the end of the 2nd, he told me that my first interviewer made a mistake and that I was done. Basically he just didn’t want me to interview with the CEO (third person). So two VERY mixed signals between the first two people.

Bad experiences, good company. I suggest the employees that interview get on the same page because this was a very confusing process. Not good. There’s a reason why the interview score is so low
    For this company.

Interview Questions

• Honestly can’t remember much. Mostly talked about the company.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.