Native Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Native Instruments Interview Questions

Interviews at Native Instruments

2.7

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Native Instruments in November 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a take-home assignment. The folks in the phone interview seemed nice and friendly. Unfortunately, when it came to the take-home assignment (a two-part assignment), it was the opposite. I completed one part of the assignment, but I emailed them asking additional clarification on the other portion. After 2 days, they emailed back saying that I didn't make the cut. I'm guessing that was part of their criteria: If you didn't understand their poorly written assignments, you must not be good enough to work for them.

Interview Questions

• - Behavioral questions, experience with automating web, and API endpoints, etc.
      - Write automated tests exercising their website.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Native Instruments.

Interview

Easy process but confusing. Enter the office and all the teenagers that work there don't acknowledge the presence of anyone, crappy and careless environment. Unexpected - Applied for a position as marketing manager and ended up on an interview for product manager with DJ products with Daniel Haver. He was a arrogant and petulant, and did not even have clear what my interview was for.

Interview Questions

• Something not at all related to the position applied for.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A take-home coding challenge, followed by a 1-hour technical interview over Skype, followed by a 2-hour non-technical interview call with the team, followed by a half-day on-site interview at their office which mostly consisted of me talking about my interest in the company / field and asking questions. I should noted that I was fortunate to have a fast turnaround time of one day to one week on each stage of the interview process this time around. When interviewing with Native Instruments in the past, I've had anywhere from 1-6 months of silence without follow-up on their end between interview stages and as a result, I had already found a different job by the time they got back to me with the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Take-home assignment:
      A somewhat poorly / intimidatingly worded 'story' problem that contained some low-level audio programming concepts / digital signal processing jargon but was effectively only asking you to implement a function stub to perform a simple traversal of a linked list and then return a true/false result.   1 Answer
    • Skype interview/in-person interview questions:
      1. Asked me about my experience/interests in music and the company/position
      2. Asked me about my relevant work experience and technical skills
      3. Asked me a few pop quiz coding questions about elementary fundamental language concepts/best practices
      4. Asked me to write some nominal code to traverse a one or 2D array and change the value of some elements if conditions are met.   1 Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Nowhere, OK (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job twice, the first time I was told to send CV & and letter, and wasn't replied.
    The second time I was sent a home task and was to be replied "asap" after the person would check it.
    No response from the company, which probably implies the way it treats it workers.

Interview Questions

• Create an interface which filters chuck norris jokes from an API.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by the hiring manager, who would also be my direct supervisor and project manager. The LinkedIn correspondence led to a phone interview the next day. This was followed by a video conference at the company location with a peer panel in Berlin. Following brief negotiations with HR, an offer was made in under a month.

Interview Questions

• No single question was difficult - just standard questions from peer mechanical engineers seeking to gauge my expertise in plastic part and consumer electronics design. These included what plastic to use for structural part; what's best plastic for high cosmetic quality; wall thickness to boss and rib ratio; how I integrate PCBA data into 3D CAD environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was made, I requested a 4-day week for personal reasons until the following January at 30 hours a week (75% of gross salary). I also asked for personal time to tie up previous professional commitments during the first 3 months of employment. My terms were granted.

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Native Instruments.

Interview

I applied online and received a coding challenge via email from one of their recruiters. I was not given a phone screen nor was I asked any questions about my projects or relevant experience. I was contacted by the recruiter who gave me basic feedback on my submission via telephone, but not to the level of detail I would expect from a relatively complex coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Build a movie recommendation engine in a Pythonic manner using a JSON file of movies and users.   1 Answer

Native Instruments Response

28 Dec 2015 – Senior Recruiting Specialist

Hi There,

Thank you very much for providing us with feedback regarding your application for our Python Developer (f/m) position. We really appreciate all applications we receive, but in order to... More

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall process included 1 phone screen, 2 in-person interviews, 1 take-home project, and 1 video conference call. The in-person interviews and project were interesting and helped provide insight into what the job entailed. I think those were all effective steps/meetings.

However, the feedback loop between each stage was slow since I did not have an HR/Recruiter point-of-contact to interact with. After the final round interview, it took another month to find out that I was not getting an offer (after I tried following up a couple times).

I got the impression that the hiring process there was unorganized. The reason I was given for not receiving an offer was that I did not have any music industry experience, which is understandable. I just wish that I knew that was a deal breaker 6 months prior, when we had our initial phone call.

Interview Questions

• If an executive requested a last-minute/urgent feature, how would you prioritize it?   Answer Question
    • How do you prefer to work with UX Designers / Engineers?   Answer Question

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late July of 2014. Immediately I received an automated HR email thanking me for my interest. In January 2015 I received an email from an Native Instruments engineering manager with a problem in C++ to solve. I submitted my solution a couple days later. A few days after I submitted, the same person at Native Instruments mentioned I had a flaw in my code, and asked me what I would do to fix it. I fixed the code and emailed him the code and my explanation. I then never heard back from anyone at Native Instruments.

Interview Questions

• Implement double tap in iOS using C++ instead of using the built in iOS APIs.   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Hollywood, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

They were prepared with their questions and knew what they wanted in a person. The person who was leaving position and someone from the Berlin office conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would communicate with their Berlin office?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Native Instruments (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2018.

Interview

I live in London but was applying for a job in Berlin. I applied online.

I first had to complete a code challenge. The code challenge difficulty was very well pitched, I had to think about it a lot but it was perfectly achievable with some application.

After the challenge, I had to wait a while for feedback. I think that this is mostly down to the fact that it was August and a lot of people were on vacation.

I had a Google Hangouts interview. with the engineering manager and tech lead, which lasted an hour. Very quickly after this interview they asked me for a second interview with the wider team.

Thankfully I was in Berlin shortly after this, so my second interview was in person. It was with three developers in the Native Instruments offices. We had a very interesting conversation about my technical ability and my ideal way of working, as well as challenges I had faced in previous companies. I also had a tour of the offices and a quick chat with a hiring manager about start date etc.

After this interview, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a crisis from a previous workplace, and how did you resolve this.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.