Cover image for Pinterest

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Pinterest Interview Questions

Updated 24 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 539 of over 539 interviews

Recruiter13%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA) in May 2022

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. I submitted an application via someone I know at Pinterest who referred me, and the recruiter called about a week after. The first call was pretty standard, and was told I would be speaking to the Hiring Manager, which was a few days after the initial call. The interview was pretty standard- I talked about my experience, my interest in Pinterest etc. About a week later I was told I would be moving forward to the final round. The final round consists of 4 interviews, all people you would likely be working with. One of the interviews is a case and the questions are behavioral and each interview focuses on one specific area (I.e. Building Capabilities). The case is presented as if the person interviewing is the client. Although it is a lot, and you spend a lot of time preparing, everyone were super nice and the interviews still felt conversational. Everyone seemed super genuine and was interested in hearing about my experience, thought process etc. After about a week, the recruiter called me to let me know I got the job. Recruiter communicated well with me throughout the entire process, and the interviews felt somewhat challenging, yet friendly. I still felt I could be myself!

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle ambiguity in the workplace? Why Pinterest (vs. other social media channels)? Have you ever had to convince a client to change a campaign KPI? If so, how did you approach that?
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Many interviews that were very difficult but at least that means the company is strict with hiring. Positive interviewees and nice recruiter, more outgoing than i have seen elsewhere in the tech market.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Straight-forward and seamless. I was paired with a great recruiter who helped set up my expectations throughout the way. Everyone I spoke with was super nice and timely. Questions were tailored to the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pinterest (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Pretty through process — recruiter was transparent about each step from the beginning. 30 min screening call with recruiter, 30 min call with hiring manager, 4x 30 min calls with team members, 30 min panel and assignment presentation, followed by a final 30 min call with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you’ve leveraged insights or trends in the industry to inform creative decisions and strategy.
1 person found this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Pretty typical software engineer interview. Multiple coding rounds plus a system design round. Also a behavioral round. Coding rounds were LeetCode data structure and algorithms style questions. I had not encountered any of them before.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (Ciudad de Mexico) in Dec 2022

Interview

One coding challenge for continue to stage two, and the second stage had two coding challenges, In the coding challenge, you use code to accomplish the task. There was one architecture interview and another in which we talked about soft skills.

Interview Questions
  • Generate an app that made flood fill.

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

2 coding questions with some ML basics. 1 is BFS and another 1 is Multi-dimensional BFS. ML basic questions are very simple. After that, you have the last HM interview

Interview Questions
  • 2 coding questions with some ML basics. 1 is BFS and another 1 is Multi-dimensional BFS. ML basic questions are very simple.

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Take-home online assessment. You have 2 weeks after receiving it to complete. 6 quiz questions plus 1 fill in the blank question plus 3 coding problems. Time limit is 70 minutes. It is a pretty short time limit given the number of questions.

Interview Questions
  • Machine learning theoretical questions and leetcode medium coding problems plus one machine learning coding implementation

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Received a hackerrank test to answer some mcq qns about ML algos and implement code in python for common ML algos while some code was already provided. Lasted for 70 mins

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pinterest

Application

I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Got a link to CodeSignal 70 minutes to solve 7 questions and 3 coding problems. The allowed time of 70 minutes is not enough and the questions are no where near representative of the job.

Interview Questions
  • Couple MCs for ML theory. One med leetcode and 2 implement ML algorithms from scratch. They are not hard but given only 70 minutes is very unfair.

Pinterest

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest

Interview

Applied through a referral. 1. Initial phone screen with recruiter. 2. 30 mins with hiring manager. Interview was a very positive experience. 3. Take home case study with provided assumptions. Case study was provided to me on a Friday afternoon and requested back Monday afternoon. Submitted case study and received an auto rejection email the next week with no opportunity to present or feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions, both general and finance related.
1 person found this interview helpful