Point72 Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 265 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Point72

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

Long but fair interview process. Met with several employees from analyst to management level. Both fit and job specific questions. Had to show up multiple times to office concluding with presentation to group

Interview Questions
  • Asked to prepare project and present to current employees
    Answer Question

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

I applied through their website and contacted by the HR after a week. Totally two phone interviews. The technical questions I was asked about related to programming, algorithms and probability. Both interviewers are friendly .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I interviewed at Point72

Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks. The first round is one-hour coding test. The questions are medium or hard level coding questions.The second round is a take-home data project.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

Coding test then followed by four rounds of phone interviews. The first three are technical and the last one is with the hiring manager. The whole process lasts about one and a half months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

I applied through Point72 Website. The first round is an online coding test which is just some Leetcode problems. The second round is a take-home data analysis project where you should verify the predicting power of one time series for another. The third round is a phone interview from their Singapore Office. The fourth round is a phone interview from their NY office.

Interview Questions
  • Is Python 'pass by value' or 'pass by reference'?
  • Walk me through your resume and pick one project to discuss in detail.
3 people found this interview helpful

Point72

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 in Dec 2019

Interview

Had an intro call with one of the dept heads. Was very pleasant convo & chatted about industry. 2nd call with a few other team members. Questions were more team & role specific.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Point72 (Singapore)

Interview

Quick and efficient, but the questions asked were rather pointless and served no purposes at all. First round was a quick screening question via email (!) and second round was a phone interview. Interviewer was terse, impatient, and could barely speak English and would be someone I would wish to never work with.

Interview Questions
  • Rate your programming proficiency on a scale of 1 - 10
  • Given all the historical data of ALL the stocks in the market, how would you explain their price/return movement?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (New York, NY) in May 2019

Interview

It was relatively straightforward since it was via referral. Both people I spoke with were very nice and inquisitive without being intimidating. Felt more like a discussion. Had to complete a timed test which covered some basic data analysis

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through how you approach a new dataset? What are some of the aspects you look for in a good dataset?

Point72

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point72

Interview

phone interview: some question about sql, python and data modeling like regression model. This interview spent 1 hour. the employer is vary professional. some question he asked about data model is detailed. if you can not answer his question, he will give you some clue.

Interview Questions
  • how to explain the r2 will be increasing with adding variables?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point72 (Singapore) in Nov 2018

Interview

It was good with a mix of technical and behavioural questions. Asked to solve some problems. Technical questions included questions from the field of finance, options pricing, Brownian motion. I was also asked a few questions from Python data structures.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews