Shopee Data Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 1,603.0 interviews

Employee Referral25%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview was held in Zoom. HR would email you to book a time slot. The interview had two parts. Firstly Hr would listen to your introduction of yourself and related experience. Then HR would ask some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between stack and queue?
    Answer Question

Shopee

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee in Nov 2020

Interview

A hr interview first, then interview with a senior data engineer. He asked me to do self introduction, then do a coding question (leetcode easy level) and ask me to optimize the time frequency. He also asked me about hashmap questions.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

1 coding test and 2 technical interviews. The coding test had 2 questions, and they were easy and medium difficulty, They were about heaps and double-ended queues. During the interview, there was a question on writing an SQL query and command line applications. Overall, the interview questions were much more difficult than the coding test. In the second interview, there were communication barriers because I could not speak mandarin well.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is the difference between optimistic and pessimistic locks?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Sep 2020

Interview

HR is very nice, only ask some base background and a quick introduction. Then HR ask why I applied this position which is not really match with my previous experience. Finally, ask some technical questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Aug 2020

Interview

HR interview -> 2 rounds of technical interviews -> team leader talk. It takes about 2 weeks. And now process the technical interviews. HR is nice. I can not provide the other information .

Interview Questions
  • HR: Ask some questions about the complexity
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore)

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. I applied through the website and gotten a reply on Monday. I then went through their portal to get a HR interview slot as they had sent to me. And I booked for the next day Tuesday interview with the HR. On Tuesday itself, 30mins before the intended interview, the HR shifted it to the following day. It was shifted to Wednesday. On Wednesday itself, 1 hour before the scheduled time, they cancelled the interview and said they are no longer proceeding with the interview. This highly unprofessional. I have never gotten such a terrible experience elsewhere.

4 people found this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shopee in May 2020

Interview

The entire process consisted of 3 Rounds. 2 Technical, 1 Behavioural The technical Interviews were mostly focused on General DWH concepts, Spark internals, mapreduce. They also had few questions on coding which were focused on data structures & algorithms. The interviewers look at how you're thought process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Shopee (Singapore) in Feb 2019

Interview

Phone interviewed with hr about 20mins. Asked past experience. A bit upset because I cannot understand some questions in Chinese, cause all the technical terms I learn in English. Communication did not go well. Did not hear anything after that. HR did not reply my message about the progress status.

Interview Questions
  • What other companies have you interviewed? How is their company’s progress ?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopee

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shopee

Interview

I applied through the recruiter and got contact back from HR to schedule the interview. 1st interview is programming interview with simple print tree question. Follow by the 2nd one which asked mostly behavioral questions and some random questions about spark, hadoop etc.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed