Shopee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at Shopee

2.9

Flash Sales Uploader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

No hiring and interview process. They just emailed me that I will take a general exam and after that there's no response.

I've waited for one week, still no response.

Data Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Shopee (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview phone with HR, then with user, explaon about day to day task, whom I report to, their expectation. Process 1 week then I get confirmation that I didn't pass the process

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee in October 2020.

Interview

The HR is very transparent about the process and it took two to three weeks to finish all rounds of the interview. It was one of the best interviewing experience I had.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopee.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, one with a PM on the team, the final with the PM team lead. Fast turnaround and interview timeline (I interviewed both times while I was visiting Singapore during a 2 week period). As an international (USA), working in SG required my approval for the Work Holiday Pass, which I got, but Covid meant that I could not travel to Singapore in time for the internship. S$1,200 salary + S$500 housing stipend for total of $1700 month, typical for SG internships I think

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenge you have recently faced.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is generally very good! HR is very friendly and explains a lot about the interview process. There are many rounds of interviews. Candidates will be asked a lot on past experience and their understanding of PM roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a product manager?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shopee (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Most of the interviews were good and productive experiences.  The interviewers have assessment questions and situations prepared.  I was challenged throughout and was able to discover the different facets of my working style and also found improvement areas along the way.  There were 6 separate interviews in a span of 3 months.

All the interviewers made it clear that the Country Head (5th interviewer) would be the final step in the process.  Should I pass his interview, we would proceed to hiring.  I was informed by the recruiter that I passed his interview and set a meeting for the Head of HR to chat with me.  I was expecting either some clarifications on my current compensation or a discussion on joining Shopee.  When the Head of HR entered the meeting, I was taken aback when she started conducting an interview.

I usually prepare  for my interviews;  I run through my CV, do a little research on the interviewer, then create a game plan.  I treat interviews as serious as I treat my other tasks.  Maybe it would be better if applicants be informed should there be an additional step or any deviation to the process beforehand.

It is also worth noting that it took the recruiter more than 2 weeks and a couple of follow ups to reply when I asked for the status of the application.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change one feature of the Shopee app, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Shopee Response

18 Jun 2020

Hi there, thank you for your interest in Shopee and taking time out to interview with us. We apologise for the missing gap in communication in that matter. If you would like to share more about how we can make your experience better, feel free to drop us an email at [hr.experience@shopee.com] and we will be happy to discuss. Thank you once again for choosing to apply with us and we wish you the best in your future endeavours!

Back End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shopee in May 2020.

Interview

The interviews come in an HR-call and four rounds. First-round is OA in the glider.ai platform. The involved algorithms are easy but the platform is difficult to use. You might want to get familiar with it beforehand.
    I am still exploring the following rounds. I will come back later for it.

Interview Questions

• The first one is to generate increasing numbers from two given ones: 6, 8.
      The second one is to adjust a single linked list.   Answer Question

Risk Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shopee.

Interview

The recruiter is very nice and she will explain to you how the company views the most for this position. Phone interview is not difficult and then she directly gives me the chance for a 2nd round test interview. The test interview is about 1.5 hrs and the Python&SQL questions are very basic.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

5 rounds, the first one is the HR phone call, second is the Python and SQL test, the other 3 are Skype interviews. Not very difficult. They are really nice.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shopee (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I apply online.
    The process is very slow, which takes more than 3 months from the time I apply until they reject me. They seems to be usually forget your application.

HR is nice but interview process is bad.

Interview Questions

Shopee Response

20 Apr 2020

Hello! Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience with us. We apologise for the slow process you have experienced. If you are open to share more about the details, feel free to email to [hr.experience@shopee.com] and our team will be there to assist. Wishing you the best!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.