Star Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Star Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at Star Publishing

Interviews for Top Jobs at Star Publishing

Junior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

The reception gave me a call to come in for an interview. When I went there I had to fill in a form that required private information (NRIC number, age and marital status) and was asked to take an editing test. I failed the English test and did not qualify for an interview, I was immediately escorted out the door without further explanation. The test could have been done online and save everyone the time. Especially during this Covid-19 situation, it was uncomfortable doing the test while hearing a guy with phlegmy cough in another room.

Marketing Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commonwealth, WI (US)

Application

I interviewed at Star Publishing (Commonwealth, WI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Don’t bother with this company.

Came for an interview, in less then 3 minutes was told directly I wasn’t suitable for him Nor this company, and actually tried to carry on with some grandfather analogy and what makes this company the way it is.

I excused myself before I wasted more of my time. If you are called down for an interview, be prepared to be rejected Nor granted a chance at a proper interview.

Interview Questions

• Irrelevant questions, really, don’t bother with this company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Star Publishing (Singapore) in June 2020.

Interview

I was called for an interview. The email sent only mentioned ‘interview’ and nothing else. It was extremely misleading as when I arrived, I was told that I would have to complete a test (edit 2 paragraphs and format them). After at least 35 minutes of waiting around, I was told (by the staff manning the reception) that I failed the test and ‘there would be no second round of interview’ and was escorted to the door immediately. It was extremely unprofessional of them to mislead applicants and was a complete waste of the time. No mention of the test was made and in light of Covid-19, it could’ve been conducted online. There is a clear lack of respect for the applicant’s time and effort. The form that I filled up when I first arrived also asked for sensitive information such as your NRIC.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Star Publishing (Singapore) in November 2019.

Interview

I was called on the day to switch to an earlier timing for unknown reasons. Showed up and filled in some forms for the receptionist, before being given two short passages to edit. After submitting it, I was told I didn't pass the test and there would therefore be no interview. Misleading to invite applicants for an interview only to be told there would be no interview - I would appreciate if it was made clear there would be a screening process.

Junior Editor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Star Publishing.

Interview

Sent an interview invitation via JobStreet without bothering to contact me directly to explain the interview process. Went to the office and was told that I had to complete a writing test. Wasn’t informed about this but sure. I had 15 mins to finish the test when the instructions on the page clearly indicated that the test should be done between 30-45 mins. Finished the test and receptionist collected it. She didn’t give me any instructions after that so I just waited awkwardly in the room. Five mins later, she came in and told me they won’t proceed with the interview. At this point, I’m just truly confused. Please don’t waste people’s time in the future with your unprofessionalism.

Layout Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Star Publishing (Singapore) in April 2019.

Interview

It was smooth. I showed my portfolio and boomz I got the job offer. Seems like its quite difficult for them to get a full time designer here. The interviewer was very friendly. The environment is fine except the washroom. During the interview I can hear some shouting outside. Wonder what it is about.

Interview Questions

• why would I choose to come here?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Star Publishing (Singapore) in April 2015.

Interview

Meetings after meetings. Talking about old grandfather stories. Each session lasts for a minimum of 2 hours. Expects you to come in even before you officially start work. If you are late, you will be reprimanded severely.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.