Vela Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Vela Diagnostics Interview Questions

Interviews at Vela Diagnostics

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied to role advertised as Asian Diagnostics Laboratories but during the interview it became clear that it is for Vela Diagnostics. Both share the same office, founded by the same group of people. A bit of red flag to me from the start because it seemed the company is hiding something. Was asked about my direct sales experience, supporting sales campaign etc. The company wants someone with molecular diagnostics field background, especially in sequencing. The interviewer was very evasive about company's prospect. The company does not have any revenue or paying customers so far. After the interview, I found all these glassdoor reviews on Vela Diagnostics (bankruptcy etc) and decided to give this opportunity a miss. Something is not right with this company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience creating marketing collaterals and websites?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore) in September 2018.

Interview

Manager contacted me through email with the details of the interview. The interview lasted for almost an hour excluding pipetting skill demonstration. You are expected to demo your pipetting skills after the interview. I was not told beforehand that I was require to do such test as such no time to go through it. A lot of behavioural questions and some personal question such as marital status.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to demonstrate your pipetting skills without anyone guiding you? Rate your pipetting skills from 1 to 10.   Answer Question
    • If you are in situation whereby your colleagues decide to go against your boss, will you compel to do the same thing?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   18 Answers

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore) in September 2018.

Interview

Contacted through email by hiring manager. Went to interview the following week. Hiring manager asked a lot of scenario-based questions rather than skill-based questions. Interview took place almost an hour and a half. Personal questions were asked as well which I did not find it relevant. After interview, required to do demo practical to ensure you know how to use pipette.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team mates are against the manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle difficult person?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore) in June 2017.

Interview

Was told to prepare a 20 min presentation on NGS. No specific details given. The job ad indicates knowledge of both NGS and PCR but the entire interview was based on NGS. You need to know very deeply about NGS. If not, don't bother applying. Company seemed like they only want someone who is extremely experienced in NGS irregardless of your rt-PCR knowledge. Entire interview feels like a tutorial instead of interview.

Alot of personal questions asked, such as if I am single.

Job scope highlighted does not seem like a single person's job. Sales will also be required to work in the lab and run samples.

Interview Questions

• Will be quizzed on technical details of NGS, including the type of analysis.   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore) in April 2016.

Interview

1st round: The interviewer (whom the position will be reporting to) did not seem to have any actual hands-on experience in marketing or marcom. Some of the questions were plain ignorant and unrealistic.

2nd round: Was asked to prepare a short presentation beforehand. The product manager sat in together with the reporting manager. There was a clearer picture of how the role would be like. The Q&A session was a good opportunity to understand the product market and positioning.

The interview sequence should be the other way round to better prepare the interviewee and to manage expectation.

3rd round: Phone offer from HR plus salary discussion. Was offered salary that was lower than current pay and way way below market rate.

Overall, the whole process felt unprofessional.

Researched the company carefully before applying. This one went through judicial management and salary was not paid for six months. The reputation suffered some hard time.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable to design flyers yourself using with existing tool?   Answer Question
    • Share with me your experience running email marketing campaign.   Answer Question

Document Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore).

Interview

2 interview on the same day. roughly about 1-2 hours. Alot of time wasted on waiting for interviewers. Seems not organised. not good impression even before interview commenced. No notification or response after interview.

Interview Questions

• Really time wasting...interviewer ask alot of personal questions. Even ask about whether am I attached or married, not much focus on work experience.   Answer Question

Junior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Singapore) in March 2012.

Interview

Professionally conducted 3 step process.
    Screening by HR on one to one to examine mutual suitability, providing insight into the company vision, mission, etc and making assessment of my profile as a fit into the company culture

Detailed indepth assessment with recruiting manager on all technical issues, scope of work, expectations, deliverables, reporting lines and my competencies in addressing these.

Final interview with Head of R&D (Director)

Interview Questions

• Research activity relevant - process and structuring
      In depth knowledge on key technology areas of Next Gen Sequencing and PCR   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vela Diagnostics (Hamburg (Germany)) in September 2013.

Interview

Der Geschäftsführer hat die Firma und ihre Produkte beschrieben. Anschließen wurden mir Details zur Position gegeben. Im zweiten Teil habe ich meinen Werdegang dargelegt und mir wurden Fragen zu den einzelnen Stationen gestellt. Zum Schluss hatte ich Gelegenheit Fragen zu stellen und mir wurde das weitere Verfahren beschrieben. Das Gespräch war sehr offen und die Leute von Vela (Geschäftsführer und Personalleiterin) sehr offen und nett.

Interview Questions

• Welche Erfahrungen haben Sie im Bereich Molekulare Diagnostik?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.