Cover image for Amazon

Add an Interview

Interview Question

IT Support Engineer Interview

Amazon

What is a VLAN and why is it used, what are the advantages and challenges. What is STP. Describe a time where you helped a peer who was struggling, what did you do to help and what was the outcome. What are some Linux Directories and their uses. Describe everything you know about the DHCP process. Group Policy fails on a client, how would you troubleshoot this. Describe your most technically challenging issue and how you solved it. What is the difference between a switch and a router. Name some TCP and UDP ports/uses. What is the OSI model and why is it used.

Interview Answers

5 Answers

Thanks m8, you really helped

Link Ulata on

thank you for sacrificing yourself to help others! I was able to use your questions in preparation for my hirevue and have an onsite interview this upcoming monday. thanks again man!

dan on

Im going to have a video interview next week as well via hirevue with the same position. Im interested to know what are the questions they've asked during your hirevue interview. I very much appreciate it!

Erl on

I did the online interview today for Technical Support Engineer Position in Toronto Canada. 12 questions in total: They are as follow: 1. What is STP ? 2. 2+3: more Questions related to STP. Study STP thoroughly including root bridge. 4. Describe DNS Process (just describe how DNS works) 5.Describe DHCP Process(Describe how DHCP works) 6. What is Active Directory ? 7. What is Windows Hosts file 8.9.10 Three questions about LINUX Directory Structures and their uses( Memorize all dir structures and their uses) 11. What is VLAN what it is used for? what are the benefits & challenges of VLAN 12. Situational Question: You are faced with an irate client how did you go about resolving his issues? give example. Thanks Good Luck to all

Waqar on

There was so much pressure and nervousness being recorded on webcam that I was too flustered to focus on the answers. For example, the fact that I cant name 10 TCP/UDP ports off the top of my head while focusing on how I look on camera, remembering to look at the camera, etc, does not measure my aptitude to perform the job duties.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.