Wonderlic Interview Questions

Updated 1 Sep 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wonderlic

Wonderlic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wonderlic

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary except taking their test which does take quite a while and they don’t even bother to discuss results with you. That’s ridiculous given that’s their product. I also am strongly under the impression other reviewers are correct, don’t bother if you’re over 40. How’s that for inclusion? Says a lot about the culture reading on here.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were all pretty standard.
    Answer Question

Wonderlic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wonderlic

Interview

Great communication, and transparency during the process! Felt like a valued candidate and when offered the position that was also a smooth process. There were 3 phases of interviews which is standard for this company. Not so many that you are having to rearange your life to accommodate them which I've had from other companies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wonderlic

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Wonderlic in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was unnecessarily long, unprofessional, and unorganized. They sent texts and emails inviting me to interview for both the first (HR screening via Zoom) and the second round (2 managers via Zoom) which was overkill + no one ever responded to the texts so idk why they bothered with them. I received messages from multiple different HR employees throughout the process which was of course confusing. During the first interview, I commented on a cool cat portrait in the background during a moment of awkward silence at the beginning and the interviewer decided to tell me their cat died some months back...really kicked off the interview vibes for me well! I do feel bad her cat passed away but why would you do that to a candidate?! Just say thanks and move on, I reasonably felt horrible and uncomfortable for the rest of the call. Regardless of that very strange moment, I was invited to a second interview round scheduled for 2 weeks later. The day came around and none of the 3 different HR people provided a Zoom link so I reached out inquiring and was then sent one but 2 hours later the interview was canceled because 1 of the managers "had a conflict". Waited over 2 weeks to be canceled the day of...cool. I understand things come up for people but it was clearly canceled because it was never correctly scheduled not because of a sudden conflict. So another week goes by and I moved my schedule around to have the second round interview. The 2 managers end up being 13 minutes late for my interview. One of them was apparently held up by another meeting and the other "could not start the meeting without them". Neither of them bothered to send an email letting me know they were going to be over 10 minutes late. You would think anyone with any level of professional experience at the 5-minute late mark would have had the decency to send a message with a heads up but nope. The interview itself was off because clearly I was bothered by their lack of respect for me and my time. They apologized in a laugh-it-off manner but by that time I did not want to work at Wonderlic anymore. I was already on the fence because their main WonScore product is not something I personally align with and it seems like they are losing customers (see NFL teams starting to drop them which seems to be one of their higher profile clients) which is a red flag in this economy/job market. Oh also 4 day work sounds very cool and is what kept me putting up with their nonsense for as long as I did but I found out during the 2nd round that they ask people to check messages/queues on Fridays (the day the whole company has off to make it a 4 day work week) to make sure nothing is on fire...so not a true 4 day work week. Candidates deserve better, avoid this org.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Wonderlic

Application

I interviewed at Wonderlic

Interview

phone screen which were usual questions. their own wonderlic test, then they ghosted me. i followed up twice. so rude to waste peoples time like that without closing the loop.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Wonderlic

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wonderlic in Jul 2022

Interview

Took 45 minute test and then was scheduled a 30 minute intro call. When I took the interview it was not the person who I was supposed to interview with. Got auto rejection email a few days later. I reached out for feedback and got no response. When I don’t get a personalized response after a interview like that it usually tells me how that company treats people.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Wonderlic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wonderlic

Interview

For a company that works in the hiring space, I was surprised at their old school and rigid style of interviewing. It's definitely a put you in the hot seat, get through a list of situational questions and then let you ask questions at the end if there's time type of process. They also have you create a presentation as part of one of the interviews. Some people were completely flat affect and cold. Didn't interview with a single person of color. Got micromanagement feels. Kind of relieved I didn't receive an offer after making it through the entire process since I might have taken it for the 4 day work week, but I feel like they offer that to make up for other shortcomings. Much lower base salary for this type of role ($75k) than what I've seen at other companies. Oh and you have to take their test as part of the process which is kind of cool, but it's also very long.

Wonderlic

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Wonderlic

Interview

The process started out normal enough. It was a bit slow, but the holidays were in between so I thought nothing of it at first. Phone screen, wonderlic and personality assessment, chat with hiring manager, then panel interview with the team. All parts of this went well and I had a positive connection in all steps….and then nothing. I reached out multiple times but still haven’t even gotten a rejection notice 2 months later. You’re probably better off not engaging in this process since it will likely not get completed.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your previous experience and how it applies to this role. Some technical questions on ML and deployments
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wonderlic (Irvine, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied, took the test, and got an interview scheduled a few days later. After the interview, I heard back a week & a half later, when they told me they wanted to consider me for a lower position. I replied saying I was interested. Never heard back, decided to send a check-in email 3 weeks later, to which they replied with a generic rejection email. Okay... We are ALL busy - so what's your real excuse? I was super interested in the company but it ended up wasting a lot of my time.

Interview Questions
  • Basic phone-screen questions. I might remember one of the questions if the phone-screen process hadn't been drawn out for an entire month.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wonderlic (Ciudad de Mexico) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. They sent a wonderlic assessment. I attempted it (basic personality related stuff). Never heard back (Not even reject) even after reaching out to the HR twice. THis

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wonderlic (Vernon Hills, IL)

Interview

The interview was structured with a typical phone screening, followed by a follow-up phone screening (since a month had passed from initial screening), then an on-campus interview with multiple people (panel and individual sessions). It was a bit ironic, for being a company that focuses on helping other companies with their hiring process, they haven't worked out the kinks themselves. Communication with HR was downright terrible. Other reviews of Wonderlic cover this issue as well, so it seems to be a trend. I was actually erroneously sent a rejection notice while still in consideration for the role. Every communication took multiple days to get a response, even when the subject matter was time-critical. I nearly declined the in-person interview because it felt like my time was being wasted intentionally. The in-person interview went fine. Fairly standard really. Everyone was nice to talk to and asked questions that seemed applicable to the role. My only real concern about it was that through their questions they acted as if a candidate cannot learn a different process or system. I see this often now with many organizations. They want worker bees with the same stripe pattern who have made honey the exact same way they are making honey, or they think you won't be able to figure it out. Having hired many people myself, I have to rate the overall process as sub-par. I would rank it 2/5 stars. The people I met did seem like they would be friendly to work with though.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly standard behavioral type questions: "Tell me about a time where you had to..." "Explain how you would..." Some odd questions: "What's your timeline for going to a new role?" "If you had unlimited money, what would you do?"
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews