Wonderlic Reviews

Found 58 of over 59 reviews

3.8
Wonderlic CEO Becca Callahan
Becca Callahan
Pros
  • "Work life balance is a high priority for all employees(in 17 reviews)

• "Wonderlic has the best work-life balance I've ever had at a company(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None that Wonderlic would be responsible for or that it would be prudent to ding them for(in 8 reviews)

• "little to no(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, great values!

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture and the product! It truly is a company where the employee comes first, and they are not afraid to implement smart benefits where it makes sense, such as the 4-day work week. You can feel the passion behind what each team does and how they contribute to the vision and goals. Work/life balance, flexibility, 4-day work week, healthcare benefits, pet insurance, and more!

Cons

Pay is good, could be a little more competitive but the work/life benefits make up for it.

Director of People Operations & Talent Strategies

Thanks so much for the feedback! Thrilled that you love both the culture and the product!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, great vision and WLB

Feb 23, 2022 - Machine Learning Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderlic is a great place to work. The AI team is small, but with lots of cool projects going on. The manager of AI is young and with lots of ideas, as well as the CEO. The work-life balance is great, and the 4-day workweek only made it better!

Cons

401-k matching after 1 year (but great matching afterward)

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are so excited by the innovative and creative ideas across the organization and how those ideas will shape our products and culture.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Feb 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many great things to say about working at Wonderlic. Leadership really cares about employee well-being and development and in particular support for work life balance is genuine. The organization overall is full of smart, hardworking, considerate people who believe in our product and what we're doing. It's easy to be motivated to do your best work in this environment.

Cons

I have no cons - keep it up, Wonderlic!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Constant focus shifting

Mar 2, 2022 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some decent people still work there. Was once a great place to be.

Cons

They spent years changing strategy and focus every few months. Hiring, firing, shifting cyclically.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company to work for

Jan 25, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderlic is a great company to work for as they really do allow for a work/life balance with implementing a 4 day work week!

Cons

No cons 3 months in to my role.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review! We care deeply about our employee experience and are glad to see that reflected in a strong work life balance.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting company to work for!

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderlic has the best work-life balance I've ever had at a company. The 4 day work week and generous time off would be enough to make anyone happy. But, the people you work with daily are also a major selling point for the company. They are some of the brightest and most helpful coworkers you could have. Everyone is always happy to go out of their way to help anyway they can.

Cons

If you don't like working in a startup environment this might not be for you. Asked to wear multiple hats throughout the day which some people may not enjoy.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Especially in a fully remote environment, we love to hear about the supportive team culture you've experienced. We are continually striving for a collaborative, inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work each day.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent place to work

Sep 8, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, good mission, fun work, great team

Cons

None that I can think of

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Wonderlic strives to provide a work environment that caters to each of our employee's needs and its wonderful to hear that it is appreciated.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Everything I could ask for from my employer

Aug 31, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is a high priority for all employees. Leadership is actively involved with all employees and they actually listen which is the most refreshing thing I've ever experienced. When problems arise, we collectively implement solutions. Phenomenal culture. It's a 85 year old company with the excitement of a startup.

Cons

Slightly disorganized as we redefine our business model but that is common when a company is reinventing itself. I don't even look at it as a con, because I welcome the challenge. Others, on the other hand, may not want to be a part of that kind of process, but it's an extremely exciting time in my eyes.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We care deeply about our employee experience and are glad to see that reflected in a strong work life balance.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

People-focused with a startup mindset.

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderlic is an 80+ year old company that is continuing to evolve to enable people to do their best work. There is an established foundation and brand and also nothing is so sacred it's not worth reconsidering. In the time I've been here, the leadership team navigated the pandemic with job retention top of mind, recognized that productivity didn't wane when working remotely and evolved into a remote-first work environment going forward, and introduced summer hours giving the entire organization Fridays off to help prevent burnout. Wonderlic offers great work-life balance including an impressive amount of PTO, shutdown between Christmas and New Year's, as well as work practices and policies that encourage you to actually take time away. There is no expectation that people will work outside of 'regular' hours, and that is backed up with the infrequency and apologetic nature of any messages that cannot wait until morning. Managers are genuinely focused on how to enable their teams to do good work, with frequent connections and attention to skill-building and enabling career growth. Because the organization is in a phase of growth and transition, there is lots of opportunity to try something new, figure out whether it works, learn from the experience, and try again.

Cons

As any company in the midst of growth, not everything is established. There are artifacts that come with being over 80 years old, and there are processes that are at early startup levels of development. This is a great opportunity for someone energized by change and by trying something new, but if you're looking for an established organization with everything baked out, this isn't a good fit.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are very proud of the work we are doing to mature many of our processes and we are excited about the positive impact it is having on our teams.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

work life balance off the charts

Aug 1, 2021 - Director of Content Marketing in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

secure company now in growth mode is an exciting place to be PTO and work life balance is best i've seen lovely people

Cons

some departments are a little green, so there are growing pains, but that's how growth works - still room for improvement in communicating between teams

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate all feedback from our team. It is wonderful to hear that your experience has been a positive one and that you share our excitement about the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews

Wonderlic Reviews FAQs

Wonderlic has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Wonderlic to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wonderlic employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wonderlic. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

69% of Wonderlic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wonderlic 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Wonderlic Job Seekers