Works Applications Interview Questions

Updated 28 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Works Applications

Application

Interview

WAP came to our college campus (Tier-1 university). Firstly there was an online assessment test where there were questions based on programming language and a small project in which you need to implement some features. After getting shortlisted, there were three rounds of interview - 1. Technical - Wrote code for a question based on arrays and moving intervals. Answer questions based on resume 2. Technical - Wrote code for 2 DSA questions and solve 2 other DSA questions on paper. 3. HR - Basic HR questions I accepted the offer but later on it got deffered due to covid. Also, they take a test after joining in which they may fire some candidates so it's highly risky to work there

Interview Questions
  • 1. Design LRU Cache 2. Implement Trie 3. Collect maximum rainwater question
    Answer Question

Works Applications

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications

Interview

there were 3 interviews in total: one hackerrank interview, one live coding and one HR. the interviewers are quite nice and each one of them took about 1-1.5 hours because there were a lot of discussions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (New Delhi) in Dec 2019

Interview

Interview had 2 rounds(both live coding) first round question roughly to implement trie which i was able to do more or less with one or two corner cases not working.Second round was a tree based dfs question which i implemented fully then a dynamic programming based question,the interviewer asked to code both these questions and asked some more questions on algorithms but was not asked to code.The second round lasted more 1.20 hrs and i was asked to go to the HR round.The HR round was just a formality and he explained to me the details of the company.

Interview Questions
  • You have a large dataset of words.Implement a storing mechanism which can return the count of words in this dataset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

2 rounds technical interview. Company is super cheap. In one round , interviewer asked me to open intellij and share code. Lol, they did not have money to buy subscription of some interview facilitating company. Second round was even worse. Interviewer was product managed with 7 years of experience. Interview was supposed to be of 1 hour duration , but it ended in 25 minutes. Interviewer told he have no more questions. Judging by our conversation, i got a feeling that interviewer had very limited technical knowledge. Total wate of time and below average tech people

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in Sep 2019

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview. Both the rounds were Technical. 1st round was on Data structures and Algorithms. The 2nd round had one puzzle, one system design question and computer fundamentals. The interviewer was not much professional. Turned off the camera just after giving the introduction.

Interview Questions
  • 1st round:- 2 Algorithmic questions 1st question:- given a sorted array of integers, find the index of largest number which is smaller than the given number, if not exists return -1. Input [1,2,3,5,7,8,10,11,13,14,16] 12 Output 7 2nd question :- In an election, the i-th vote was cast for votes[i] at time times[i]. Given a time t determine the candidate leading the election, Votes cast at time t will count towards our query.  In the case of a tie, the most recent vote (among tied candidates) wins Example : Votes array  : [0,1,1,0,0,1,0] Times array : [0,5,10,15,20,25,30] Determine leader at the following time instances 3,12,23,15,24,8 Output : 0,1,0,0,0,1 II round of interview: one puzzle, one design question. Puzzle:- There are 100 doors, all closed. In a nearby cage are 100 monkeys. The first monkey is let out, and runs along with the doors opening every one. The second monkey is then let out, and runs along the doors closing the 2nd, 4th, 6th, … all the even-numbered doors. The third monkey is let out, and he attends only to the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, … doors (every third door, in other words), closing any that is open and opening any that is closed. The fourth monkey does the same for the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, … doors, opening the closed ones and closing the open ones. The fifth monkey does the same to the 5th, 10th, 15th, … doors, and so on. After all 100 monkeys have done their work in this way, which doors are left open? Design Question:- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/design-snake-game/ Computer Fundamentals:- Vertical scaling, horizontal scaling,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in Mar 2019

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. They wanted 1+ years of experience in Software Development. The HR contacted me after almost a month and was extremely nice and professional in her work. The first round was a live coding round in which 2 interviewers were there connected via Skype Video Call and I was asked to share the screen so that they can see me typing the code. They prefer Java as the programming language and Eclipse. There were two questions and an hour but the time was not very stringent. Question 1 : Given two sorted lists return a list with the common elements. Calculate complexity, Edge cases and optimizing for large input scenarios were asked. Question 2 : Given a M x N matrix with 0's and 1's find out the number of islands represented by 1's. Can be found in geeksforgeeks and solution is plain counting number of connected components. The interviewers were very inexperienced but they were really nice and respectful to mute the mic when they were discussing among themselves because they didn't want me to be distracted. Got shortlisted for Round 2 which was a technical background check after almost a week. Round 2 : Same process. Two people were connected to me via Skype video call. I have given a lot of interviews but I felt this was my worst experience so far. The interviewers were extremely unprofessional, inexperienced and disrespectful. They started asking very irrelevant questions that took most of the time. They didn't even ask "Tell me about yourself, work experience etc." They were constantly giggling , talking in Hindi and sarcastically talking about me having no chances even without muting the mic. They only asked from my CV about what I did. No elaborate technical discussions happened. They asked extremely easy questions from geeks for geeks like query in SQL to extract 2nd highest salary. My interview went pretty good however I got rejected in this round without further explanation. It seemed these unprofessional dudes was simply playing the fool just because they were interviewing a candidate 3 years junior to them.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in Jan 2019

Interview

1st Round: Coding round where I was given 3 questions. I answered 2 questions completely and 1 question partially. Video round: Asked for sending videos to HR team like why I wanna join, Where I see myself in 5 years. 3rd round: There was a Chinese guy. I have very good experience with chinese people, they are modest. The guy asked me two questions. One was paranthesis matching, 2nd was Two pointer sum in rotated sorted array. 4th round: There was an Indian guy who was very frustrated with life. He was doing company code in between interview (may be missed his targets). He asked me: LRU Cache implementation Count number of words in dictionary using trie. kth smallest element given two sorted lists. I answered all the questions but for 3rd one I gave him a log(n) solution which was not in his template from where he was asking. If you don't have brain why ask the question. I firmly believe that guy rejected me because I am an Indian. He mentioned something like that too.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Works Applications

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Works Applications in Nov 2018

Interview

received code test 1 week after the application on campus recruitment. I am given two coding problems to solve. Unfortunately cant get through the test. The code test was on a Chinese coding platform.

Interview Questions
  • 2 questions on the online test platform, one is about a 3d problem. But it can be done in O(n^2)

Works Applications

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications in Nov 2018

Interview

It took around 1 month to complete all the rounds.Went through all the rounds of interview including HR round which was the last round.After that they stopped replying the mails.

Interview Questions
  • They asked common QA questions including some coding problems.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

Interview

1. written assessment (Math questions, very easy) 2. System design (Case Study, prepare your solution in PDF format with great details) 3. Presentation of solution (face to face) 4. VP interview 5. HR telephone interview (normally offer will be given)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 163 Interviews