Works Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Works Applications Interview Questions

Interviews at Works Applications

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

First is a coding test, given a few days to do at home. One graph question and one dynamic programming question.
    Onsite coding test + math test: simple math questions
    Manager interview: design questions

Internship Interview

Interview

I get the opportunity for the career fair. On the first day, they will give a paper test about some math questions. If you pass, on the second day they will give you an interview at the booth. Then if you pass the interview they will give you a certification for the internship and let you choose either LA or NYC.

Interview Questions

• 1. Paper test: All math questions, like GRE test.
      2. Interview: Basic information, related experience and Java/J2EE questions   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications in March 2015.

Interview

Make out 1 of 2 coding assignments before next stage which are available on google.
    Then is onsite interview. It generally talks about how you solve the assignment before, and of course some programming problems.

Interview Questions

• The questions are no surprises, almost the same like leetcode.   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and an associative reasoning test in one day - they apparently booted another candidate to make time for me, which I thought was.. Ambitious. Got an offer and one year to think it over in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you speak Japanese?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary, but you can get relocation if you negotiate. They wanted me to work in Tokyo indefinitely for the proposed salary, so I said "thank you but no" politely and walked away. They came after me a while later saying three years would be fine. We settled at two.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

there were 3 interviews in total: one hackerrank interview, one live coding and one HR. the interviewers are quite nice and each one of them took about 1-1.5 hours because there were a lot of discussions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (New Delhi (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview had 2 rounds(both live coding) first round question roughly to implement trie which i was able to do more or less with one or two corner cases not working.Second round was a tree based dfs question which i implemented fully then a dynamic programming based question,the interviewer asked to code both these questions and asked some more questions on algorithms but was not asked to code.The second round lasted more 1.20 hrs and i was asked to go to the HR round.The HR round was just a formality and he explained to me the details of the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a large dataset of words.Implement a storing mechanism which can return the count of words in this dataset   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

2 rounds technical interview. Company is super cheap. In one round , interviewer asked me to open intellij and share code. Lol, they did not have money to buy subscription of some interview facilitating company. Second round was even worse. Interviewer was product managed with 7 years of experience. Interview was supposed to be of 1 hour duration , but it ended in 25 minutes. Interviewer told he have no more questions. Judging by our conversation, i got a feeling that interviewer had very limited technical knowledge. Total wate of time and below average tech people

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in September 2019.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview. Both the rounds were Technical. 1st round was on Data structures and Algorithms. The 2nd round had one puzzle, one system design question and computer fundamentals.
    The interviewer was not much professional. Turned off the camera just after giving the introduction.

Interview Questions

• 1st round:- 2 Algorithmic questions
      1st question:- given a sorted array of integers, find the index of largest number which is smaller than the given number, if not exists return -1.
      Input
      [1,2,3,5,7,8,10,11,13,14,16]
      Output

2nd question :- In an election, the i-th vote was cast for votes[i] at time times[i]. Given a time t determine the candidate leading the election, Votes cast at time t will count towards our query.  In the case of a tie, the most recent vote (among tied candidates) wins

Example :
      Votes array  : [0,1,1,0,0,1,0]
      Times array : [0,5,10,15,20,25,30]
      Determine leader at the following time instances 3,12,23,15,24,8
      Output : 0,1,0,0,0,1

II round of interview: one puzzle, one design question.
      Puzzle:- There are 100 doors, all closed. In a nearby cage are 100 monkeys. The first monkey is let out, and runs along with the doors opening every one. The second monkey is then let out, and runs along the doors closing the 2nd, 4th, 6th, … all the even-numbered doors. The third monkey is let out, and he attends only to the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, … doors (every third door, in other words), closing any that is open and opening any that is closed. The fourth monkey does the same for the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, … doors, opening the closed ones and closing the open ones. The fifth monkey does the same to the 5th, 10th, 15th, … doors, and so on. After all 100 monkeys have done their work in this way, which doors are left open?

Design Question:- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/design-snake-game/

Computer Fundamentals:- Vertical scaling, horizontal scaling,   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. They wanted 1+ years of experience in Software Development. The HR contacted me after almost a month and was extremely nice and professional in her work.
    The first round was a live coding round in which 2 interviewers were there connected via Skype Video Call and I was asked to share the screen so that they can see me typing the code. They prefer Java as the programming language and Eclipse. There were two questions and an hour but the time was not very stringent.
    Question 1 : Given two sorted lists return a list with the common elements. Calculate complexity, Edge cases and optimizing for large input scenarios were asked.

Question 2 : Given a M x N matrix with 0's and 1's find out the number of islands represented by 1's. Can be found in geeksforgeeks and solution is plain counting number of connected components. The interviewers were very inexperienced but they were really nice and respectful to mute the mic when they were discussing among themselves because they didn't want me to be distracted.

Got shortlisted for Round 2 which was a technical background check after almost a week.

Round 2 : Same process. Two people were connected to me via Skype video call. I have given a lot of interviews but I felt this was my worst experience so far. The interviewers were extremely unprofessional, inexperienced and disrespectful. They started asking very irrelevant questions that took most of the time. They didn't even ask "Tell me about yourself, work experience etc." They were constantly giggling , talking in Hindi and sarcastically talking about me having no chances even without muting the mic.

They only asked from my CV about what I did. No elaborate technical discussions happened. They asked extremely easy questions from geeks for geeks like query in SQL to extract 2nd highest salary. My interview went pretty good however I got rejected in this round without further explanation. It seemed these unprofessional dudes was simply playing the fool just because they were interviewing a candidate 3 years junior to them.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore) in January 2019.

Interview

1st Round:
    Coding round where I was given 3 questions. I answered 2 questions completely and 1 question partially.

Video round:
    Asked for sending videos to HR team like why I wanna join, Where I see myself in 5 years.

3rd round:
    There was a Chinese guy. I have very good experience with chinese people, they are modest. The guy asked me two questions.
    One was paranthesis matching, 2nd was Two pointer sum in rotated sorted array.

4th round:
    There was an Indian guy who was very frustrated with life. He was doing company code in between interview (may be missed his targets). He asked me:
    LRU Cache implementation
    Count number of words in dictionary using trie.
    kth smallest element given two sorted lists.

I answered all the questions but for 3rd one I gave him a log(n) solution which was not in his template from where he was asking. If you don't have brain why ask the question.

I firmly believe that guy rejected me because I am an Indian. He mentioned something like that too.

Interview Questions

• LRU Cache implementation   1 Answer
    • Count number of words in dictionary   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.