Material science engineer Interview Questions

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Snam Alloys
Materials Science Engineer was asked...4 September 2014

asked about my previous experiences

1 Answers

i told them about my experience in design with few examples.but they were impressed with my GPA. Less

Kinectrics

If you are offered this position, would you prefer to do the job yourself or you would like to lead? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answers

I'd do the job myself, however have someone look over my final work. I see myself moving up the company and furthering my knowledge and passion for this position Less

Clifford-Jacobs Forging

What experience did you have in material science? This was unexpected as there was no indication that the opening for engineer was related to material science.

Gerdau Long Steel North America

1. How do you stay organized? 2. What are you looking for in a company? 3. Give an example of a time you had to make a quick decision 4. Describe your leadership experience 5. Why did you choose chemical engineering? 6. What was your favorite course?

GE

What is a gage R&R study? What determines a successful gage R&R?

Honda R & D Americas

How do you design experiments to validate your numerical simulation results (it was asked for several problems)

GE

Here is a situation we ran into a few days ago. We noticed something leaking out of our assembly of x-ray instrument housing with green residue. Describe your approach to the situation in finding root cause and failure mode.

Atotech

Where do you see the industry going in the next 5-10 years? How do we tackle some of the problems that this industry faces?

GE

Here is a lab that has several polishing stations for preparing samples to examine new material microstructures. What sort of elements would you recommend us to look at for radioactive source to be used in x-ray medical imaging?

GE

After hearing your discussion, I am curious to know about your engineering experience rather than troubleshooting in the lab. Please describe your contribution since troubleshooting is usually handled by our corporate lab at another site.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 interview questions