Hays Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

3.8
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,266 Ratings
Pros
  • "It is definitely a work hard play hard type of company and colleagues quickly become friends(in 140 reviews)

• "Career progression are very transparent(in 139 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great Place to work at!"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very vibrant environment with great development programs (in-house training structure) for all levels (junior - senior). Open to suggestions and listens to their employees.

Cons

Competitive but competition is healthy.

Hays2019-12-04
  2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

no Japanese language skill needed

Cons

A competitive environment. Overall negative experience

Hays2019-11-14
  3. "Manager"

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Fantastic company culture in Singapore

Cons

lack of senior leadership team and maturity

Hays2019-09-29
  4. "The best"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Surrounded by lots of good people. Assessment centre is very thorough - people who join here feel like they’ve really earned their spot, and I think that makes us all pretty motivated to exceed. Lots of training provided. Classroom and with managers. The boss also does coaching!

Cons

Have to work hard to keep up with the pack. You are constantly ranked with everyone all year, so if you fall behind, theres no hiding.

Advice to Management

Loving so far. Thanks for hiring me and I hope to be the best!

Hays2019-09-08
  5. "Rewarding with lots of training and development"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company for training and development. Big brand too. I have friends who work at smaller firms and struggle to get clients. The management team are all quite young and know how to connect with the employees. Most of them are local which i like

Cons

Its hard work. The managers are also very busy - they spend a lot of time with you when you first join, but after a while its definitely a sink or swim approach. I am a good performer so I am rewarded well, but i have friends here who also work very hard but for some reason dont perform - they dont tend to be recognised for their hard work if results arent there.

Advice to Management

I like the rewards culture. Would be good to see acknowledgement giving to all employees who work hard, regardless of performance.

Hays2019-08-28

"Looks good on the surface"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Community. Your colleagues are always there to support you. Great work location and easy brand to reach out to the clients. It’s a good place for fresh graduates but not a place for people who like to progress in their career.

Cons

Hays have a pretty bad name in the market. Experience recruiters typically prefer not to join Hays. Too many fresh graduates but that’s also because the management is really young. Asia MD has a big vision of promoting the locals and honestly it shouldn’t be something that needs to be pushed. In his defense when he took over the local office thrived with a really great culture. People worked hard because he had a... 200% support from the ground. Kudos to him and his vision. The current MD that recently took over is highly sensitive and yearn for respect from the ground. It’s clear that he does not care about turnover (his own words) he is more concerned that he keeps the ones who can bills and who blindly supports him. He throws his own employees under the bus and creates politics behind the screen. This is the culture he builds and it’s going to stay. It will come to a point where the people stop wanting to work hard for him and there will continuously be a lack of middle management and the entire office would be filled of fresh graduates. There’s a need for a review to be honest as the company has been pushing employees to write good reviews on Glassdoor just to have the trophy “great place to work” also to have people see through a beautiful picture the management is trying to paint.

Advice to Management

Create a good culture and the fees will follow.

Hays2019-09-01
  7. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Researcher

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want a supportive work culture and environment where people are happy for each other when placements are made, and everyone helps one another, Hays is the place to be. A lot of the management decisions are also made towards helping us achieve better productivity. There are many interesting activities planned by the HR and people are generally very bonded here. However, it is a work hard play hard culture,... and unlike certain recruitment firms where it's widely accepted to only make one placement every 4 or 6 months, results are expected monthly here. It's slightly different as you are not motivated by your team leaders, but motivated by yourself and your peers, as everyone is doing very well.

Cons

High stress because everyone performs really well

Advice to Management

There are a lot of new initiatives by the Management to motivate our productivity rate and we have a fantastic HR team. Only thing I'd say is keep up the good work and thank you!

Hays2019-08-20

"Researcher"

Former Employee - Researcher in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Entertaining environment, that's all really

Cons

Lack of Management, that's all really

Advice to Management

Change management, that's all really

Hays2019-08-26
  9. "Great career choice"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are open, and helpful across teams. There is a very work hard, play hard culture! Work life balance is encourage here compared to other sales places. Supportive managers. Career progression are very transparent.

Cons

Needs to be loud sometimes in order to be notice.

Hays2019-06-20
  10. "I am currently jion with Hays"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Singapore

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like this company and I know this company is increase the quality of the my future

Cons

I like the challenges and when the challenges are affected me but i know about it i am sincerely finished my work in very good and in correct time.

Advice to Management

The upper management of this company is done their work in very correctly and i appreciate it

Hays2019-06-19