Hays Reviews

3.8
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,379 Ratings
Pros
  • "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 148 reviews)

• "Brilliant opportunities for career progression(in 145 reviews)

Cons
  • "Developing a successful career as an agency Recruiter does require long hours at times(in 466 reviews)

• "I would say just the working hours(in 132 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work at!"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very vibrant environment with great development programs (in-house training structure) for all levels (junior - senior). Open to suggestions and listens to their employees.

Cons

Competitive but competition is healthy.

2. "Great place to cut your teeth if you're starting out."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

opportunities are plenty, but you'd of course need to earn them, which is entirely fair.

Cons

not for the faint hearted, but then, hey, sales environment, amirite?

3. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Alot of development opportunities and learning

Cons

politics culture and cut throat environment

4. "Vibrant environment"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Young team, motivated. Managers are only slightly older so can build rapport

Cons

Very KPI-centric, as you would expect in a sales environment. no bonuses and all

5. "Learn, grow and leave"

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

good environment and wonderful colleagues

Cons

unbaked internal protocol and processes

6. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

no Japanese language skill needed

Cons

A competitive environment. Overall negative experience

7. "Manager"

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Fantastic company culture in Singapore

Cons

lack of senior leadership team and maturity

8. "The best"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Surrounded by lots of good people. Assessment centre is very thorough - people who join here feel like they’ve really earned their spot, and I think that makes us all pretty motivated to exceed. Lots of training provided. Classroom and with managers. The boss also does coaching!

Cons

Have to work hard to keep up with the pack. You are constantly ranked with everyone all year, so if you fall behind, theres no hiding.

Continue reading
  9. "Rewarding with lots of training and development"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company for training and development. Big brand too. I have friends who work at smaller firms and struggle to get clients. The management team are all quite young and know how to connect with the employees. Most of them are local which i like

Cons

Its hard work. The managers are also very busy - they spend a lot of time with you when you first join, but after a while its definitely a sink or swim approach. I am a good performer so I am rewarded well, but i have friends here who also work very hard but for some reason dont perform - they dont tend to be recognised for their hard work if results arent there.

Continue reading

"Looks good on the surface"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Community. Your colleagues are always there to support you. Great work location and easy brand to reach out to the clients. It’s a good place for fresh graduates but not a place for people who like to progress in their career.

Cons

Hays have a pretty bad name in the market. Experience recruiters typically prefer not to join Hays. Too many fresh graduates but that’s also because the management is really young. Asia MD has a big vision of promoting the locals and honestly it shouldn’t be something that needs to be pushed. In his defense when he took over the local office thrived with a really great culture. People worked hard because he had a 200% support from the ground. Kudos to him and his vision. The current MD that recently took over is highly sensitive and yearn for respect from the ground. It’s clear that he does not care about turnover (his own words) he is more concerned that he keeps the ones who can bills and who blindly supports him. He throws his own employees under the bus and creates politics behind the screen. This is the culture he builds and it’s going to stay. It will come to a point where the people stop wanting to work hard for him and there will continuously be a lack of middle management and the entire office would be filled of fresh graduates. There’s a need for a review to be honest as the company has been pushing employees to write good reviews on Glassdoor just to have the trophy “great place to work” also to have people see through a beautiful picture the management is trying to paint.

Found 2421 reviews