SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

SmartRecruiters Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2019

4.1
SmartRecruiters CEO Jerome Ternynck (no image)
Jerome Ternynck
Pros
  • "A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company(in 9 reviews)

• "And catered lunches 3x per week(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge(in 4 reviews)

• "As with any growing company there is continuing change in all areas of the business as it looks to scale and optimize(in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, healthy work life balance

Cons

constant change, need to be flexible

SmartRecruiters2019-07-09
  2. "Overall, a good experience!"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

SmartRecruiters has an amazing vision and a great product.

Cons

- Managerial training is lacking and would go a long way to enable direct managers to hone the skills of their team. - Lacks direct channels of communication between HR and the employees, hindering employee feedback.

Advice to Management

An internal communications team would be a great addition!

SmartRecruiters2019-04-25
  3. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture and everyone is like family. Company plans fun happy hours and activities every month. They want to make sure you are happy working there. Catered meals, flexible work from home hours and unlimited PTO is a major plus to help with work life balance. Management is very nice and easy to talk to if you have a problem. They have the mindset of "we succeed together and we fail together" so it is... never one persons fault if something goes wrong or something goes exceedingly well.

Cons

There aren't very many negative things to say about SmartRecruiters.

SmartRecruiters2019-02-21
  4. "How Refreshing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real people. Honest. Fun. Growing and truly appreciate the candidate experience.

Cons

I don't have any as of yet

SmartRecruiters2019-02-21
  5. "A Great Company!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

A great environment with with opportunity to advance. The office is dog friendly and there is always plenty of snacks in the kitchen.

Cons

I really don't have any. The company is great and definitely accomplishing incredible things.

SmartRecruiters2018-12-14
  6. "First class company"

Current Employee - Head of Marketplace in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Exceptional management team: they blend empathy and fearless execution - Excellent product market fit: It's amazing to be part of a success story - Best in breed product - Convivial atmosphere where people genuinely appreciate each others' company - Innovative: HR tech may not sound sexy because it's not, until you realize that innovation is celebrated at SmartRecruiters. - Great opportunities for... internal mobility, - Loyalty: Though the company is only 8 years old, ~ 25% of employees have been there for at least 4 years

Cons

Fiscally conservative, and that's often wise, but the product doesn't rely on VC money as much as others in our space do, we grow with the growth of our revenue, which has been fairly good.

Advice to Management

Double down on investing on the candidate experience

SmartRecruiters2018-12-14
  7. "Exciting times"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than a year

Pros

SmartRecruiters is really beginning to accelerate away from the competition and continues to set the bar in terms of being an open, modern solutions that people love to use. The market is competitive but we continue to grow the team in both in Europe, US and now APAC and its an exciting time to join as we are winning more and more flagship brands who align to our mantra of Hiring Success. We have a real sense of... team culture, a great employee brand and a strong sense of purpose. Our recent HiringSuccess EU event in Berlin was amazing and is reflective of the energy and passion across our customers, partners and employees. We are on a journey, the learning curve is still steep but we have many successes behind us and more to come! The product team have launched GDPR, AI and soon CRM and are full throttle with ensuring the solution in 'enterprise grade' yet still requires little or no training. Everyone who sees the solution is impressed. Internal meetings and communication is strong across the business now having settled into a good rhythm and this company still amazes me how people rally around you when you need something or are struggling with solve something. Senior management are approachable and open and there are regular events that brings the teams together. We have also built out a strong core of disciplined people in Europe who work together and help ensure we don't have any blind spots.

Cons

We continue to mature as a business, we innovate and take risks and change is a constant. Internally we are evolving quickly having internationalised, scaled our solution and also expanded our team over the last 2 years. It can be tiring but there is never a dull moment!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee engagement and ensuring the teams are scaled to meet the demand from customers and prospects. We are about to hit another stage of growth where we can take the company and our customers to the next level and we must stay true to our values!

SmartRecruiters2018-10-16

"Challenges in EMEA"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Focus on innovation - Quarterly product releases Brilliant product management team Great implementation team Very reactive technical support team Very good FAQ/Well documented Help Center ... But only in English API integration helps 3rd party integration Overall good team spirit Remote work culture Customers in all industries and all company sizes ... but some too small to get real value from... product Financial stability

Cons

California decision making center - hard to provide fast response when customer issues happen outside of US Shortage of resources in Europe - Recruitment plan is insufficient to support growth Misaligned success & sales team on customer strategy No feedback culture with teams. Hard to tell what to improve. Lack of transparency on strategy/key figures/finance Confusing communication/marketing on Marketplace... Needs a brand new Reporting module All new modules seem to have been designed for US market only Lots of EMEA customers are lost with new features as product changes too quickly - Need a localized help center (in at least 3 european languages). Non US jobboards do not like principle of SR standard API so won't integrate GDPR compliance really needs improving

Advice to Management

Re assess sales strategy. Stop selling to small customers who aren't a good fit and will leave. Re-enforce staff in EMEA. Adapt communication and hep center language to EMEA customers.

SmartRecruiters2018-10-12
  9. "A Company With A Vision"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues Company Energy/ Ethos Global Opportunities Product

Cons

International Priorities Can Be Different

SmartRecruiters2018-08-27
  10. "Great People | Great Brand | Great Future"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have loved this job from jump street. I love to build, create, and innovate. I get to do all of that here. At SmartRecruiters you are part of a family that is really building an exciting future for candidates, hiring managers, and recruiters. Smartrecruiters has a great brand that is well respected in the market. Since joining the company, we have released new 2 modules and we have built over 50 different... HR partnerships. We also have some of the best sales and marketing alignment that I have ever experienced. This provides more at bats and more opportunities to $ucceed. Looking for a SOLID brand with a great market presence? Do you want to be part of a team that is changing the market? Look no further than SmartRecruiters.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating. Don't ever be complacent.

SmartRecruiters2018-08-23