SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor.sg

SmartRecruiters Reviews

Updated 17 Jan 2020

4.1
SmartRecruiters CEO Jerome Ternynck (no image)
Jerome Ternynck
Pros
  • "A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company(in 9 reviews)

• "And catered lunches 3x per week(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge(in 4 reviews)

• "It's a fast growing company so there is a ton of work(in 3 reviews)

1. "Company growing"

Current Employee - Consolidated Theaters in New York, NY

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work from home if you want

Cons

Company growing so quick hard to keep up with all the clients

SmartRecruiters2020-01-17
  2. "Employment Reviw"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Good Working Environment, Good Health benefits, Free Meals

Cons

none I have experienced while working in the compny.

SmartRecruiters2020-01-05
  3. "Good Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, healthy work life balance

Cons

constant change, need to be flexible

SmartRecruiters2019-07-09
  4. "Overall, a good experience!"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

SmartRecruiters has an amazing vision and a great product.

Cons

- Managerial training is lacking and would go a long way to enable direct managers to hone the skills of their team. - Lacks direct channels of communication between HR and the employees, hindering employee feedback.

SmartRecruiters2019-04-25
  5. "How Refreshing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Real people. Honest. Fun. Growing and truly appreciate the candidate experience.

Cons

I don't have any as of yet

SmartRecruiters2019-02-21
  6. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture and everyone is like family. Company plans fun happy hours and activities every month. They want to make sure you are happy working there. Catered meals, flexible work from home hours and unlimited PTO is a major plus to help with work life balance. Management is very nice and easy to talk to if you have a problem. They have the mindset of "we succeed together and we fail together" so it is never one persons fault if something goes wrong or something goes exceedingly well.

Cons

There aren't very many negative things to say about SmartRecruiters.

SmartRecruiters2019-02-21
  7. "A Great Company!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in Spokane, WA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

A great environment with with opportunity to advance. The office is dog friendly and there is always plenty of snacks in the kitchen.

Cons

I really don't have any. The company is great and definitely accomplishing incredible things.

SmartRecruiters2018-12-14
  8. "First class company"

Current Employee - Head of Marketplace in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Exceptional management team: they blend empathy and fearless execution - Excellent product market fit: It's amazing to be part of a success story - Best in breed product - Convivial atmosphere where people genuinely appreciate each others' company - Innovative: HR tech may not sound sexy because it's not, until you realize that innovation is celebrated at SmartRecruiters. - Great opportunities for internal mobility, - Loyalty: Though the company is only 8 years old, ~ 25% of employees have been there for at least 4 years

Cons

Fiscally conservative, and that's often wise, but the product doesn't rely on VC money as much as others in our space do, we grow with the growth of our revenue, which has been fairly good.

SmartRecruiters2018-12-14
  9. "Exciting times"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time for more than a year

Pros

SmartRecruiters is really beginning to accelerate away from the competition and continues to set the bar in terms of being an open, modern solutions that people love to use. The market is competitive but we continue to grow the team in both in Europe, US and now APAC and its an exciting time to join as we are winning more and more flagship brands who align to our mantra of Hiring Success. We have a real sense of team culture, a great employee brand and a strong sense of purpose. Our recent HiringSuccess EU event in Berlin was amazing and is reflective of the energy and passion across our customers, partners and employees. We are on a journey, the learning curve is still steep but we have many successes behind us and more to come! The product team have launched GDPR, AI and soon CRM and are full throttle with ensuring the solution in 'enterprise grade' yet still requires little or no training. Everyone who sees the solution is impressed. Internal meetings and communication is strong across the business now having settled into a good rhythm and this company still amazes me how people rally around you when you need something or are struggling with solve something. Senior management are approachable and open and there are regular events that brings the teams together. We have also built out a strong core of disciplined people in Europe who work together and help ensure we don't have any blind spots.

Cons

We continue to mature as a business, we innovate and take risks and change is a constant. Internally we are evolving quickly having internationalised, scaled our solution and also expanded our team over the last 2 years. It can be tiring but there is never a dull moment!

SmartRecruiters2018-10-16

"Challenges in EMEA"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Focus on innovation - Quarterly product releases Brilliant product management team Great implementation team Very reactive technical support team Very good FAQ/Well documented Help Center ... But only in English API integration helps 3rd party integration Overall good team spirit Remote work culture Customers in all industries and all company sizes ... but some too small to get real value from product Financial stability

Cons

California decision making center - hard to provide fast response when customer issues happen outside of US Shortage of resources in Europe - Recruitment plan is insufficient to support growth Misaligned success & sales team on customer strategy No feedback culture with teams. Hard to tell what to improve. Lack of transparency on strategy/key figures/finance Confusing communication/marketing on Marketplace Needs a brand new Reporting module All new modules seem to have been designed for US market only Lots of EMEA customers are lost with new features as product changes too quickly - Need a localized help center (in at least 3 european languages). Non US jobboards do not like principle of SR standard API so won't integrate GDPR compliance really needs improving

SmartRecruiters2018-10-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 84 reviews