The Very Group Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2020

4.2
The Very Group Group Chief Executive Henry Birch (no image)
Henry Birch
  1. "Good"

I have been working at The Very Group part-time

Pros

Good pay, get to work with friends

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hey, thanks for leaving a review, it's great to hear your appreciate the rewards package at Very, and that you consider your teammates your friends too #verytogether When it comes to long hours, and managing workload we'd encourage you to share these feelings with your line manager to help you manage priorities better. We know there's been a lot of change these last few months so it's important we all keep connected, keep talking to one and another to see how we can all help out. Thanks again and take care.

2. "The Very Group"

Current Employee - Section Manager in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work, employees are well looked after.

Cons

Absolutely Fab, no complaints at all!

June 11, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear such positive experiences of working here at Very, hope you are keeping safe and well.

3. "Great, supportive company"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Oldham, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great development opportunities, fantastic culture and the people are lovely.

Cons

I can’t think of anything specific.

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review, it means a lot. It's great to hear you love the culture and people, it's so important during this strange time to be surrounding by good people. Have a great weekend!

4. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Derby, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work, great people, fantastic facilities, valuable values, new generation

Cons

At this moment i have no concerns

May 15, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive review, and feeding back that you're enjoying the culture, people, facilities and more in our new site Skygate! Our values are so important to us and at times like these its more important than ever that we are led and guided by them to support our colleagues when they need us most. Good to hear no concerns currently, our ears are always open to hearing about suggested improvements so we that we can build a great place to work for our people so please keep us posted as you spend more time at the new site. Have a great weekend!

5. "Mostly enjoyable. Sadly tainted by one particular bully."

1.0
    Former Employee - Agile Business Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Very Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed 7 of my 10 years there

Cons

I had a boss who I can only really describe as a sexist bully. My mother had two strokes and was in Intensive Care for over 3 months, during which time my manager described me as “distracted” and questioned whether I was in the right job. I won’t, and don’t, forgive her for it and I definitely don’t apologise for this review either. Unfortunately, as the HR team will back up, I had some fairly sizeable mental health issues at the time, which she was well aware of, but sadly, didn’t really care, nor did HR if I’m being honest. Never mind, I’m bigger and better now 😊

The Very Group Response

June 17, 2020Director of Reward, Employee Relations, People Services & Inclusion

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working at The Very Group. When I read your review I felt on one hand really glad to hear you enjoyed the majority of your time working here – 10 years is a long time - but equally I was so sorry to hear that your last few years did not live up to the high expectations we hold for all of our colleagues. That’s not what we want for our people at all, and its not something we condone, and we will take your feedback forward. We’re fully committed to building an environment where all colleagues feel safe, valued and respected and take reports of any form of sexism and victimisation seriously. It would help us further if you would be willing to share any more information – if so please reach out to me, or get in touch through glassdoor@theverygroup.com.

6. "Excellent culture and environment. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions."

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and environment for the most part, with a good set of people at the helm that care. Plenty of opportunity to progress career in a number of directions. Top-notch facilities. Good flexibility offered allowing for a decent work/life balance.

Cons

Ageing core systems and IT infrastructure can limit and restrict ability to implement change/improvements at pace. Very Speke-centric despite operating over multiple sites.

April 23, 2020Head of Culture

Hi, I just wanted to say I really loved reading the pros you've called out on here - its great to see the stuff we've been investing in is showing up in your experience. We will take all your comments on board and really appreciate you taking the time to write this review, take care :)

7. "Not the best of places to work at"

1.0
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Shaw, North West England, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

There isn’t very much pro’a other than the paid breaks

Cons

Management give silly targets and go crazy if they are not met especially section managers

April 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, albeit I'm sorry to hear some of the things you're experiencing. I'd encourage you to share more about your experience with us so that we can look into this matter further, please get in contact with us at glassdoor@theverygroup.com.

8. "Fun and friendly place to work with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Speke, England

I have been working at The Very Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full of friendly and professional people, always there to help each other and do the best for our colleagues and customers

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment!!!

February 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for much for this lovely review, we couldn't agree with you more, great people make this a great place to work!

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good flexible ways of working

Cons

Some things are slow to change

February 14, 2020Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a 5* review! We're glad you find the ways of working to be helpful and supportive to your work/life balance.

10. "Great Culture, Great People"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Liverpool, England

I have been working at The Very Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Always working on continuous improvement, listening to employees, respectful of work/life balance needs.

Cons

High expectations, tight deadlines, need for process improvements for delivery.

February 14, 2020Head of Culture

Thanks so much for sharing this positive yet balanced review! Its great to see that the efforts and high expectations we set around listening to our people and working to make things better is being noticed. Its also great to hear your thoughts on process improvements, if you'd like to share more about this you can at glassdoor@theverygroup.com

Found 173 reviews