Unity Reviews

Found 572 of over 663 reviews

4.4
Unity CEO John Riccitiello
John Riccitiello
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is a strength at Unity and teams(in 42 reviews)

• "Great benefits, good company to work(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "high growth can mean growing pains(in 21 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance is tough to achieve in a company that is constantly growing(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great company

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Salary - Culture - HR is helping rather than blocking - Good benefits (RSU, stock buying plan, etc.). - Good number of vacation days and company holidays - Very good engineers. We have both young and more experienced engineers.

Cons

- Product management: some decisions doesn't make sense to me sometimes.

Unity Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. The Unity Team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company with many opportunities

Cons

keep changing and improving the process from a private company to a Listed company

Unity Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Unity Team.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Terrible culture

Jul 8, 2021 - Human Resource
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office amenities Free food & drinks

Cons

Toxic leadership culture - Aims for IPO and subsequently lacks ambition to grow

2 people found this review helpful

Unity Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. The Unity Team.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Jun 7, 2021 - Senior Administrative Assistant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are nice and there are many talented people. Most people want to do their best work. Many devoted employees who care enough to push through projects and deliver results.

Cons

the culture of the company has changed with growth and middle managers who care about money and nothing else.

Unity Response

We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this. The Unity Team.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love working here...it's the people

Sep 4, 2020 - Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment and colleagues in Singapore. People are great and supportive towards each other. From the events in 2020 (covid19), we can see that the Executive Management team puts employees in the 1st place and we do what's right for all.

Cons

Unity is a company which trusts our employees. However, when the company is of a certain size, it will be good to have more clarity on certain processes. eg travel and entertainment

Unity Response

Thank you for sharing your review with us! The Unity Team.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

In it together

Jul 8, 2020 - Senior Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Unity Singapore in 2018 and have been working in Unity for the past two years. Internally, everyone is generally competent and good at working together . There is a sense of comaraderie with people in all the different offices as all of us want the best outcome for the Company. The Singapore office is a close knit team of close to 60 people. who are always ready to extend a helping hand in work and even outside of work. This is in no small part due to the efforts put in hiring people that would have a good culture fit and mindset with the rest of the team. As Singapore serves as a hub for the region, the support functions are led by strong leaders who ultimately want the best for the region's growth. Across APAC, I have had the chance to meet and interact with business leaders and also employees. I have confidence that Unity will continue to grow under their leadership. Even at times, where I have conflicts of interest with management, it was always resolved amicably as we sought the best outcome for the Company. I have had the chance to work with two different managers during my time in Unity and they have been very supportive of my growth and development. The WE team in Singapore does deserve a shoutout as well for ensuring the wellbeing of all staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Cons

There are certain teams who travel en masse to events (for e.g. from Denmark to Korea/Singapore) that may not have a good ROI. Some large teams also spend unnecessarily on travel and we should have stronger cost controls to prevent this from happening if we were to ensure the longevity of the Company.

Unity Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such thorough feedback. It's great to see that your experience incorporates one of our core values of "In It Together"! The Unity Team

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sincere and Empathetic Employer

Jun 28, 2020 - H R Business Partner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunities - you get to dabble in different aspects and stretch your capabilities Nimble and agile working style

Cons

Widely distributed across the globe. Message/resources can be more difficult to get across to everyone at the same time.

Unity Response

Feedback from our employees is really important to us, so thank you for sharing this with us. The Unity Team

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible work environment

Apr 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing I can think of.

Cons

In some teams, there are very serious gender discrimination and sexual harassment. If you report to HR, HR will threaten you to shut up in various ways(including fabricating your performance review and blocking your internal transfer). Investigation is also a joke.

15 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fast Growth Company

Feb 12, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Environment and a large range of products suitable for individuals to enterprise.

Cons

Aggressive growth year on year - its exciting but needs to be careful losing other momentums.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best tech company to join!

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is very aggressive but in a good way. Dare to innovative and be different. A lot of focus in employees welfare and hires top talent from all around the world. If you are able to perform better in a empowered environment, this is the one! It's also covering more than just games but many other verticals. The CEO has plenty of experience managing large successful companies and is a great motivator today in Unity.

Cons

Sometimes time zone differences but flexi hours helps.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 572 Reviews