68% would recommend to a friend
(209 total reviews)
Wong Ngit Liong
62% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Found 209 of over 254 reviews
Updated 24 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.010 Oct 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAng Mo Kio New Town,
Freedom is given if you finish your own task. Rumours is that there's people who come in to office at 0930hrs, goes for lunch from 1130hrs to 1400hrs and knocks off at 1730hrs.
- How they value our work/output but don't attempt to reward us in salary until it is too late. They attempted to counteroffer to others 25% increment and promotion only after the staff start serving the notice period. - Deadweights around, but I guess this is similar in most Singapore local companies
- 4.01 Nov 2023Technical Procurement EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
Achieving a work-life balance is possible because they value and respect employees' personal time. Additionally, the colleagues are known for being friendly and willing to offer assistance when needed. It's a supportive and welcoming environment.
More suitable for individuals seeking a stable and laid-back lifestyle. Hence, there may be limited growth opportunities due to the slow pace, restricted organizational movement, and an employee demographic with an average age of 40 and above.
- 4.08 Nov 2023Technical Procurement EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSingapore
Lay back working environment with work life balance.
Low salary and career progression. Old -school management style
- 4.03 Nov 2023Test Development EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAng Mo Kio New Town,
Manager in R&D Test Development team is flexible and extremely hardworking. Always okay with last min leaves as long as your work is done on time.
some other departments are hard to work with
- 4.018 Oct 2023Senior System AnalystFormer Employee
Small IT Dept so lots of team work, good peer-support.
Small IT Dept so expect multi-tasking and multi roles. Need to be able to work independently.
- 1.010 Aug 2023Mech EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAng Mo Kio New Town,
- Profit share, but it is dropped down for past 6 years.. Now only 2- 3(max)
- No promotion, no matter how hard you work, they say there are 1000s reasons not to promote—have noticed employees who have been in the same position for 25, 28, years. Only a few fingers countable go high, and they may be closer to large giants. (Obviously, they will not tolerate hearing this, but those who are not promoted but are talented are aware of the suffering and challenges) - There are no employee well-being programs, and employees are forced to work like buffalos. There are no questions to answer, rain or shine. Should you are questioned again, you will be in their bad books. - You will meet with the HR team when you start and when you leave. - We must complete the Development plan every year, but no training will be offered. You should join as a fisherman to fish yourself or drown in the sea. - No introduction to the team or work. However, you must begin working the following day. You were intended to come here to use your expertise, but they may have taken you because of previous experiences. yet expects you to be knowledgeable about their goods. - Ineffective management, with a hierarchical system. You may work for someone, but you must report to someone. Even your manager will be unaware of who you are reporting to. If you are reporting to him, he may not care. However, they claim that when performance appraisal time arrives, they collect cumulative feedback from everybody, implying that you must bow to many. There are many managers who are bosses, but no leaders. They will not help you if a bad situation happens; instead, they will point you in the and protect themselves. They overcommit to clients without considering team capacity or internal employee strain. They don't expect you to be happy at work; they expect you to break yourself. - Hired foreigners, they don't have family in Singapore, they'll be working 20 hours a day, expecting you to be the same as them, forgetting about family and sitting in an office for 7 days/20 hours. My best advise is to look at other choices. Join if you don't have any other options.2
Venture Reviews FAQs
Venture has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 254 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Venture to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
68% of Venture employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Venture 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.