Booking.com IOS Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Booking.com IOS Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Booking.com

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam, ID (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

go through hacker rank test but they still using objective c it hard to write with objective c now but i prepared well but finally, I get an automatic email that I rejected

Interview Questions

• Identify whether four sides (given by four integers) can form a square, a rectangle, or neither.

Input: You will receive an list of strings, each containing four space-separated integers, which represent the length of the sides of a polygon. The input lines will follow the 'A B C D' order as in the following representation:   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Booking.com

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Worst interview ever.
    I applied on their website. First, the HR contacted you and sent you the wrong HackerRank challenge. Then they sent you the correct challenge. After the challenge, HR late for the scheduled call and told you no vacancies available for the current team.
    Referred me to another team but then rejected me after the second call.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions what do you know about the company, why us.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2019.

Interview

the first three interviews (hackerrank, hr and phone interview) were a greet experience. then onsite interview happen.
    people are not clear and expect from you to solve and explain why you solve it in specific way they expect.
    the pen and paper interviews (iOS and general programming) were really bad, not clear and even weird in some time.
    I’ll not apply to booking again. I’ll not work in company don’t have a good experience how to interview people and simply let interviewers decided based on their personal perspective.

the feedback I got from HR is simply I were not organized and structured enough.
    how even should I work with this kind of feedback.

Interview Questions

• solve dependency managment
      a-> b, c
      b-> m, y

it should be like m, y , c , a   1 Answer
    • ios: design implement on paper search screen and search result with image download without using any third party libraries   Answer Question
    • every year should be winner for some game
      1950-> a
      1955-> b
      if the input in range 1950 to 1954 the result should be a   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in July 2019.

Interview

First round, online hackerrank, 4 questions, prepare well on the data structures and algorithms, need to write in Objective-c.
    Second round, Phone screen with technical recruiter, basic questions on the role you are applying for.
    Third round, live coding using CodePair, this also will be in objective-c
    Next round would be on-site interview.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial phone call with mobile team leads, quite technical but overall not too challenging. Then a face to face interview, pairing task with 2 senior engineers followed by a set of compentency questions about day to day working and architecting apps etc. Would have liked to have been told there are non negotiable pay bands for developers and ultimately the offer I received was less than I am on in my current role. BookingGo seemed like a good fit for both sides but ultimately this inflexibility led to me decking the offer and wasting my own and the companies time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 step: online interview with live coding session
    2nd step: on-site interview in Amsterdam

On 1st step there were several complicated questions about Coredata, concurrency, generating getters and setters, and so on. I completed everything greatly.
    On 2nd step there was an obvious question about simple UITableView and I got confused. I was expecting in-depth questions about memory management, more concurrency, runtime stuff and so on.

Interview Questions

• Make basic UITableView, implement json-to-object mapping, table delegate and datasource, wiith async image load   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booking.com in November 2016.

Interview

booking.com use hackerrank service for first interview. 75 minutes and 4 tasks. Tasks is not difficult but coding on Objective-c with hackerrank is difficult. I spent a lot of times correcting names api functions. I cant use variables as is, I have to use NSNumbers for working with NSArray.

Interview Questions

• Question with using NSDictionary, NSString, NSArray, Class init, NSNumbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

booking.com has a very simple recruitment process for their technology department:

1. Hackerrank Test (4 programming problems to be solved in 75 mins)
    2. Screening Interview (simple screening)
    3. Telephonic Interview (1 DS problem, 1 Objective-C problem)
    4. Onsite Interview (4 interviews in a row)

Onsite interview involve following rounds:
    1. HR Interview
    2. iOS Interview (in depth)
    3. Data Structure Interview (in depth)
    4. FIT Interview (culture fit)

I applied for iOS Developer position and went through all the steps of recruitment process.

The experience was positive from the start as I got the opportunity to directly interact with booking.com team as well as exploring Amsterdam.

However, the bad part I felt was slow response of recruitment team. Unfortunately my recruiter didn't come back to me after onsite interview (huge disappointment). He committed to reply within a day, but until today I didn't get any response after multiple followup emails. I contacted their office after two weeks, there I got the news that position is filled by another candidate. I have asked for constructive feedback it is useless because they won't get back.

Overall I had a good exposure. Interviewers were very friendly and helping in all the stages. But recruitment team made very bad impression at the end.

Interview Questions

• Architecture design of first two screens of booking.com app.   Answer Question
    • Photoshop has a function fill color that will fill color inside a given shape.
      You need to write a method that fill color. This method takes 2d array, coordiates x, y from where it will start filling the color inside whole shape. If any of the coordiante is already filled with color, leave it and move ahead.

fill_color(int arr[][], int x, int y)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good to start with. Very clear cut. 1st round was an online coding test in HackerRank. Once cleared this, the HR called for a telephonic round. Here we discussed on what we would like to improve on the App, Discuss about my projects, am I ok relocating to Amsterdam etc. Next was supposed to be a Skype round with live Coding (surprisingly they decided to skip it for me as the Online coding was very good in their opinion). Next was an Onsite interview in Amsterdam.

The interview process in Amsterdam was a day long with 3 rounds. 1st was a technical on Objective C. Second was a DS round and last was a round with Technical Lead.

Attending the in-person interview i got the feeling that they were looking for someone who has mugged up the solutions though. Moreover, also their Approach towards an Applications architecture seemed as if they are not doing it in a very modular way and hence did not like my solution to their architecture problem. But that is my feeling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process started with an invitation to a hackerrank test, 4 questions to be solved in objective c, 3 of them about language basics.
    Then followed with HR call.
    And finally online technical interview. Two problems in programming algorithms and data structures to be solved in objective c also

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and integer K, return another array holding integers appeared K times in the given array   6 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.