Booking.com IOS Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 2,028.0 interviews

Recruiter14%
In Person5%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Booking.com (London, England, England)

Interview

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!

If you’re iOS developer and you feel your time is so precious, then I recommend you that please don’t waste your time on Booking.com. I guess they don’t have any openings and they keep rejecting candidates based on very tiny mistake in the interview, not sure if they want to hire Machines instead of humans. I feel they may be posting jobs to keep traction in the market.

I applied through online. They sent me online coding test. Then there was short call with hiring manager, followed by live coding problem solving with two iOS Developers from Amsterdam.

I had a problem solving round and it was really great and I was so confident that I would get into next round, however after the 3 days I got a rejection email saying that candidate did not tell correct time complexity in first attempt. Also Although I supported of edges cases, in feedback they say I only supported basic solution and it was very very frustrating, I swear I did not support only one last very complex edge case because we were already out of time but rest of the edge cases were supported.

Anyway we have to respect their decision as they’re GOD.

Interview Questions
  • measure time complexity of function
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam) in Nov 2020

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and I agreed to have a short chat with her about my experience. The second phase was a hackerrank test with 4 questions (I posted them below). They can also be found online. The time limit was 75 minutes I think. For the third phase I had another chat with the HR person. Not really sure why, it was only to confirm that I want to move to Amsterdam. The fourth phase was a technical phone interview. In my opinion this part was the worst. It was also the one I failed. They ask you a algo/data structures question and a iOS question (I posted both below). I think that they don't allocate enough time for these questions, since in my case the algo question was a hard leetcode question. For the iOS question they just have you write code but without giving any sort of explanation. I know you have to ask clarifying questions but in this case every time I asked something it was answered with another question. The fact that the interviewers had the charisma of a match stick didn't help either. All in all it was a negative experience. I was even more let down at the end when they told me they don't write unit tests for the code that they write...

Interview Questions
  • Hackerrank questions were: - group anagrams - check if a list of strings is a polygon - delta decoding - a rounding question
  • Phone interview questions: - Implement MessageListener and MessageReceiver class/protocol - Find smallest missing positive integer (leetcode #41)
10 people found this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com

Interview

Worst interview ever. I applied on their website. First, the HR contacted you and sent you the wrong HackerRank challenge. Then they sent you the correct challenge. After the challenge, HR late for the scheduled call and told you no vacancies available for the current team. Referred me to another team but then rejected me after the second call.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions what do you know about the company, why us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam) in Oct 2019

Interview

the first three interviews (hackerrank, hr and phone interview) were a greet experience. then onsite interview happen. people are not clear and expect from you to solve and explain why you solve it in specific way they expect. the pen and paper interviews (iOS and general programming) were really bad, not clear and even weird in some time. I’ll not apply to booking again. I’ll not work in company don’t have a good experience how to interview people and simply let interviewers decided based on their personal perspective. the feedback I got from HR is simply I were not organized and structured enough. how even should I work with this kind of feedback.

Interview Questions
  • solve dependency managment a-> b, c b-> m, y it should be like m, y , c , a
  • ios: design implement on paper search screen and search result with image download without using any third party libraries
  • every year should be winner for some game 1950-> a 1955-> b if the input in range 1950 to 1954 the result should be a

Booking.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in Jul 2019

Interview

First round, online hackerrank, 4 questions, prepare well on the data structures and algorithms, need to write in Objective-c. Second round, Phone screen with technical recruiter, basic questions on the role you are applying for. Third round, live coding using CodePair, this also will be in objective-c Next round would be on-site interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam, ID) in Jan 2019

Interview

go through hacker rank test but they still using objective c it hard to write with objective c now but i prepared well but finally, I get an automatic email that I rejected

Interview Questions
  • Identify whether four sides (given by four integers) can form a square, a rectangle, or neither. Input: You will receive an list of strings, each containing four space-separated integers, which represent the length of the sides of a polygon. The input lines will follow the 'A B C D' order as in the following representation:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Manchester, England, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

Initial phone call with mobile team leads, quite technical but overall not too challenging. Then a face to face interview, pairing task with 2 senior engineers followed by a set of compentency questions about day to day working and architecting apps etc. Would have liked to have been told there are non negotiable pay bands for developers and ultimately the offer I received was less than I am on in my current role. BookingGo seemed like a good fit for both sides but ultimately this inflexibility led to me decking the offer and wasting my own and the companies time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Booking.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Booking.com in Nov 2016

Interview

booking.com use hackerrank service for first interview. 75 minutes and 4 tasks. Tasks is not difficult but coding on Objective-c with hackerrank is difficult. I spent a lot of times correcting names api functions. I cant use variables as is, I have to use NSNumbers for working with NSArray.

Interview Questions
  • Question with using NSDictionary, NSString, NSArray, Class init, NSNumbers.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam) in Nov 2016

Interview

1 step: online interview with live coding session 2nd step: on-site interview in Amsterdam On 1st step there were several complicated questions about Coredata, concurrency, generating getters and setters, and so on. I completed everything greatly. On 2nd step there was an obvious question about simple UITableView and I got confused. I was expecting in-depth questions about memory management, more concurrency, runtime stuff and so on.

Interview Questions
  • Make basic UITableView, implement json-to-object mapping, table delegate and datasource, wiith async image load
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Amsterdam) in Nov 2016

Interview

booking.com has a very simple recruitment process for their technology department: 1. Hackerrank Test (4 programming problems to be solved in 75 mins) 2. Screening Interview (simple screening) 3. Telephonic Interview (1 DS problem, 1 Objective-C problem) 4. Onsite Interview (4 interviews in a row) Onsite interview involve following rounds: 1. HR Interview 2. iOS Interview (in depth) 3. Data Structure Interview (in depth) 4. FIT Interview (culture fit) I applied for iOS Developer position and went through all the steps of recruitment process. The experience was positive from the start as I got the opportunity to directly interact with booking.com team as well as exploring Amsterdam. However, the bad part I felt was slow response of recruitment team. Unfortunately my recruiter didn't come back to me after onsite interview (huge disappointment). He committed to reply within a day, but until today I didn't get any response after multiple followup emails. I contacted their office after two weeks, there I got the news that position is filled by another candidate. I have asked for constructive feedback it is useless because they won't get back. Overall I had a good exposure. Interviewers were very friendly and helping in all the stages. But recruitment team made very bad impression at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Architecture design of first two screens of booking.com app.
  • Photoshop has a function fill color that will fill color inside a given shape. You need to write a method that fill color. This method takes 2d array, coordiates x, y from where it will start filling the color inside whole shape. If any of the coordiante is already filled with color, leave it and move ahead. fill_color(int arr[][], int x, int y)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews