McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,809 Interview Reviews

3.7

SDLI Intern Interview

Interview

Online game, first-round and second-round interviews. I passed the game and first-round of interviews, where I was interviewed by a BA and an associate from different offices. My second round was two interviews, with a partner and an associate partner.

Interview Questions

• Personal experience questions related to the attributes listed on their website.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was made up of a case portion and a non-case portion. The case was a generic, typical consulting case that was interviewer led. The behavioral portion was also typical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

very smooth, and the process is quite clear. I really like how fast they are, we had the interview in the morning and get the offer the end of day

Interview Questions

• describe a stressful situation you have experience and how to overcome it.   1 Answer

Summer Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very long process, almost 2 months from application to final round. Pretty standard case interviews, no trick questions or anything, but when there aren’t trick questions you really have to nail every single piece to get the offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge with a team   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

hard interview with the partner who asked hard questions and did not keep it to a "Mckinsey style" case like it was supposed to be. the rest of the interveiws were good.

SDLI Intern Interview

Interview

Three stages of the interview: You get to meet with an different interviewers in each stage before you proceed to the next stage. Make sure you're prepared for the interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Interview

The interview process at McKinsey consisted of several rounds of interviews and experience questions. Recruiters will guide you through the whole process. It is a very challenging but rewarding process to go through.

Implementation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months. My recruiter, along with every other employee/assessor I met along the way was so kind and encouraging. They keep me abreast of the process, what to expect and what would be expected of me along the way. While I wasn't given an offer, the interview process with McKinsey was by far, the most transparent and positive interview experience I've had with any company.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone screen to discuss my experience, why McKinsey, along with an example of how I've made a personal impact. Followed by several rounds of case and experience interviews.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

First round had two cases+PEI. My first interviewer pressure tested me as she looked very impatient and kept asking me so what. Second interviewer was very friendly and her case was relatively easy.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

The Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and scheduled a call to discuss my background and tell me more about the role. We then moved the conversation on Email where she asked me for my availabilities and then just never replied to me. I followed up 4 times, each one a week apart and she never got back to me. A simple courtesy email or an update on the position if it had been filled would be appreciated but this is very infuriating when recruiters do not hold up their end of the bargain. I realize that it can be overwhelming for the recruiters sometimes but they should follow through especially when they reach out to the candidate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.