Refine Labs Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Refine Labs

Refine Labs

Application

I interviewed at Refine Labs

Interview

Interview via Zoom with a senior marketing manager. Basic get to know you questions and queries into whether you can do the actual skills of the job. My interview was very nice. The company seems very chill and had a good vibe about it.

Interview Questions
  • What type of platforms and reporting do you have experience with?
    Answer Question

Refine Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Refine Labs in Apr 2022

Interview

So many red flags! First red flag... 5/5 stars, really? Second...you have to answer a brief and do a design presentation (unpaid labor = creative phishing). The third red flag...well the brief included vague jargon and encouraged asking questions. I emailed the address on the brief then was told by the recruiter not to reach out to other people- even though that was the email listed on their own brief. Fourth red flag... recruiter followed up saying I was moving to the next round but included the wrong job title and info. The third red flag...during the creative interview the team quite literally said 'Oh we like that, we'll have to steal this." The final red flag...recruiter called to say I wouldn't be getting the job because I offended a copywriter by saying Instagram was a visual-first medium. Yikes.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Refine Labs

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Refine Labs in Apr 2022

Interview

This was the fastest interview process I've ever experienced. From the time that I applied, to the time that I got an offer, took a little over a week. Everyone that I interviewed with was friendly, approachable and really exemplified what drew me to Refine Labs, which was its culture and values. First interview was a 1:1 with the Creative Director, second interview was a panel style interview with 4 Art Directors and 1 Senior Copywriter.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Refine Labs

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Refine Labs in Feb 2022

Interview

Had one call with the recruiter for 30 minutes. Asked me about my background, experience and why I was interested in the job. Went briefly over benefits and the role.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Refine Labs (Boston, MA) in Dec 2021

Interview

First interview with Talent Advisor via Zoom for 30 mins, then 2nd round with the People Ops Manager via Zoom for 60 mins, and final interview with VP of People Ops via Zoom for 60 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the most challenging role you’ve ever worked. What was it and what made it difficult?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Refine Labs (New York, NY) in Nov 2021

Interview

I had a one-on-one call with the person that would be my manager. It went really well and she told me she was sending me to the next stage of the process. The next step was to prepare a campaign for a client. I had to put together the objectives, KPIs, etc., as well as design some creative assets (social ads and a hero image). I was provided all the resources I'd need (client brand guide, logos, screenshots of their tool, etc.). I would then present my campaign to the team so I could explain my thought process behind what I put together. I put together my test, presented it to the team, and it went really well. They then asked me some questions and I got to ask questions, as well. I was then notified soon after that I was being offered the role.

Interview Questions
  • On my first call, we mainly spoke about my career, my goals, and about my personal life. We were only scheduled for a 30-minute call but ended up speaking for a while because it was a great call! So, there were a lot of questions asked and answered. One question that I remember was during my final presentation, when I was asked to detail two things that I thought were wrong with B2B marketing. It was a good question and it allowed me to provide a thoughtful answer.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Refine Labs (Dallas, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

Consisted of 3-4 interviews. First one is a culture/philosophy interview. Second one is a practical interview walking through FB, Ln, and AdWords, and last one was more of a culture interview. From first contact to schedule the first interview to the job offer, it was maybe 8-9 days.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Do you listen to State of Demand Gen podcast? If not, binge listen before your interview. Q: Do you actually know how to set up campaigns and make optimizations in platforms? If not, don't waste your time. That's 75% of what this role does.
RSS Feed</>Embed