71% would recommend to a friend
(515 total reviews)
78% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours as expected in hospitality and not currently paid London Living Wage but heard a rumour that will change soon." (in 45 reviews)
- "Very low pay considering how manual the job is" (in 34 reviews)
- "Not entirely coincidental that many of these same managers still only hold their jobs through having friends in the right places." (in 25 reviews)
- "Bad management." (in 23 reviews)
- "Minimum wage in london!! no progression wider company is dead" (in 12 reviews)
Found 515 of over 543 reviews
Updated 27 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.014 Sept 2023Kitchen PorterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearElstead, England
You cant be fired if the job is too stressful just moved to a better location and very low staff turnover. Trips out to celebrate employment once a year. Beautiful premises Beautiful food. Good staff with good humor. Everyone wants to be your friend here. Zero mistreatment or negativity. No blackmail towards employees. Mental health matters Disability inclusive. Autism friendly Fast career profession All progress celebrated Free private health care after a year Staff tips cash and tronc Live in accommodation Very professional friendly management and very friendly approachable HR. Paid holiday and unpaid leave always honoured. Sick pay and leave is very good and ordinary pay.
There just aren't any. Shame the food is only discounted but they're friendly here and you can often get a free sandwich or burger working the kitchens because the chefs are nice and don't chase every penny necessarily Especially as you're employed and friendlyFuller's Response3mo
Thank you so much for your comments and for being part of the family!
- 1.013 Nov 2023Assistant ManagerCurrent Employee
It would be harsh to say it's all their fault and not the wider industry as a whole, both in terms of historic operational habits and current climate for business.
Poor management Lied to about compensation Constantly sold dreams Full of idiots who want to micromanage small issues and are inept at looking at and dealing with bigger issues,Fuller's Response2w
Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to get in touch with us and talk about some of your thoughts then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4.010 Nov 2023BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWinchester, England
Management were attentive and worked hard with employees. Great group of people to work with, inclusive and welcoming.
Late finishes, mainly after 12:30am
- 4.030 Oct 2023Bar and Waiting StaffCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Some benefits but only accessible after working for the company for a certain amount of years - Digitised Pay and Holiday system
- The Pay is low compared to other independent london pubs
- 2.08 Nov 2023BartenderFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Fastpaced, weren't standing around for long, people were friendly.
Long hours, often working multiple double shifts, late finishes, bad trainingFuller's Response4w
Thank you for your honest feedback. If you would like to get in touch about your time at Fuller's then please email us at email@example.com
Fuller's Reviews FAQs
Fuller's has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 543 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Fuller's to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
71% of Fuller's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fuller's 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.