Zillow Reviews

3.8
Zillow CEO Rich Barton
Rich Barton
Cons
  1. "Great Company, Too much redtape"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zillow is a great company and you are surrounded by some of the smartest, most knowledgable people.

Cons

Unfortunately with the growth of the company due to Zillow Offers, the amount of redtape has grown exponentially and there is several layers of bureaucracy to go through to get anything done.

2. "Workplace Culture"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Work Hard Play Hard

Cons

Leadership, work life at times

"Fast paced tech company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Forecasting Workforce Analyst

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

They are inclusive, and have good missions statement and values.

Cons

work is uneven amongst businesses need more balance

July 2, 2020VP, Recruiting

Thank you for being part of our mission and believing in our values. As we move fast toward Zillow's next chapter, it will be important for us to continue to look for opportunities to better support each other and ensure that there are more equitable workloads and resources across teams. I see this happening every day, but we can always get better and will take your feedback to heart.

4. COVID-19

"Zillow is the best company to work for!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

I want to emphasize on the companys' culture here because innovation and technology at Zillow is already known to the world and that they are the best in the country in home buying business. Since day 1, I felt a sense of belonging at this Company. Zillow listens, empathizes cares about their employees. Amidst of COVID and all the things going on in the world, everyone in the company stood up for each other, and made sure things are taken care of. Our CEO is in constant communication with the employees on the company's financial position and assured employees that everything is going to be ok, especially during these unpredictable times. They constantly take employees feedback and make sure appropriate changes/improvements are kept in place based on the feedback. Best CEO, Best Management, Best Employees, Best Innovation.. I would say, Zillow is the best company to work for.

Cons

Cant think of anything at the moment!

June 24, 2020VP, Recruiting

We take pride in and have always been intentional about creating a culture that values innovation and where people are supported both personally and professionally. I'm so glad to hear that your first few months at Zillow have been so positive. Thank you for sharing about your experience here.

5. "Best place to work for!"

I have been working at Zillow full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a company that has your best interests at heart is the best! I’ll never look back.

Cons

I have no cons currently.

June 24, 2020VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback here. Finding ways to support our people and sustain a culture in which everyone can do their best work is as important as anything else we do. I hope that your experience over the next months (and hopefully years) is as rewarding as your initial experience working at Zillow.

""RACISM HAS NO HOME HERE""

Former Employee - Call Center

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

good benefits, fancy lobby space, but then you get sardine with the rest of the people in the back

Cons

they say "racism has no home here" but just take a look at their executive leadership, not one person of color.

June 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. We acknowledge that we have a lot more work to do as a company in this space, with 35% of our employees diverse, and only 5% Black. We are committed to doing more to improve the diversity of our workforce, leadership, and our board. To start, we're lifting barriers and removing bias at all stages of the candidate experience to ensure our team reflects the diversity of our customers, partners and the communities we serve. We are intentional in how we engage with diverse communities, support organizations committed to providing resources and opportunities to underrepresented communities, and sponsor diverse recruiting conferences to show how Zillow is both a great place to work and an environment where everyone can feel valued, supported and that they belong. While we’ve made some progress, it’s clearly not enough. We can and will do more.

"Misaligned and micromanaged"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Company really believes in the long term vision and is steadfast in achieving it.

Cons

Mid-tier (group and director) management is very involved in the minutia of product development. The desire to go deep and into the weeds indicates room for management to develop stronger communication or trust and results in a lack of autonomy and team thrash. There's an overwhelming sense of project management instead of product management with PMs executing a vision and strategy they have little control over. Product groups reflect the lack of confidence within leadership and are territorial, often jumping to defend their surfaces and constituencies at the cost of Zillow 2.0.

June 29, 2020CTO

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and your feedback on solutions. As you mention, we are steadfast in achieving our long-term vision and we are committed to fostering a supportive and innovation culture. This also means that success requires us to constantly iterate and find better ways of working together. If you're willing, please reach out to me directly so that I can better understand your experience, davebei@zillowgroup.com.

"Worst leadership you could possibly imagine. Undercover discrimination is a normal thing at this company."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Zillow full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Representatives that I worked with were some of the best people I have ever worked with. Too bad Zillow did not look at those team members as being good enough to even being considered for a promotion.

Cons

So many. So so many. So so so many! Most Important (To Me): Zillow Discriminates Against US Veterans. If you are a US Veteran be ready for a fight for what you have daily cause someone WILL make your life hard. Not If, When.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Great Pay! 7k/month commissions at best

Cons

cut throat environment where employees stepped over each other for success. To sell and survive, you'll end up over promising and under delivering

June 16, 2020VP, Premier Agent Sales

Our sales team is most certainly a high-producing group. The team works hard and it's teamwork that fuels our success. I'm disappointed to hear that this was not your experience, as that is not the type of team culture we work hard to cultivate. We take all feedback seriously and will follow-up with team leaders with this insight. If you have anything further to share, please feel free to reach out to me. Best of luck with your future endeavors. - Stephen Capezza

Found 820 reviews