Find jobs for Client Partner

Gartner Client Partner Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 65 of over 1,868.0 interviews

Applied online21%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by hiring manager interview and panel presentation. Panel presentation included a 15 min presentation, followed by a role play and panel and candidate Q&A. Recruiter kept in close contact throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had set yourself a goal? How did you track your progress and how did you achieve it?
    Answer Question

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

There were three rounds to the interview process. The first two were behavioral rounds and then it ended with a panel presentation on yourself and why you should get the role.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you want to be in this role?

Gartner

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

First call was great and short. Second interview was an hour long. They use the BBI STAR method. Interviewer seemed knowledgeable about that position only. Very polite reading the interview script but not very polity when answering my specific questions.

Interview Questions
  • Can't remember exactly the questions...one was about "tell me a time when you had to convince the group that your idea/suggestion was better than someone else" but that wasn't the whole question. Once I answered the interviewer kept asking more details about it.
3 people found this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner in Mar 2020

Interview

First screen call with a recruiter, the second call was 30 mins with same recruiter based on behavioural questions in the STAR format. The third interview was an hour on behavioural STAR questions with two Client Partner team managers. I was told the recruiter would discuss feedback with me the following week, followed up and she advised she'd call me first thing the next day. No call, and never heard from her again. Could have at least sent an email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when... All behavioural questions in the STAR method.

Anonymous Employee in Downtown Core

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gartner (Downtown Core) in Jan 2020

Interview

4 rounds of interviews in total 1st with HR 2nd with your direct mgr & another mgr 3rd is peer interview with a colleague from your team 4th is a panel interview incl your direct mgr + 1-2 senior mgr/directors + HR

Interview Questions
  • Will be required to do a presentation followed by role play in the panel interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process was long. I did an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a second interview with a recruiter that focused on behavioural traits and whether I was suitable for the role

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you've demonstrated success, either academically or professionally

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Gartner (Arlington, VA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I was referred for the job from a friend. After the initial referral email, I had a 15 minute interview with one of the recruiters, who then said if they liked me I'd get a second interview. The second interview was a little bit longer (30 minutes). NEVER heard back from the second interviewer. Emailed her for a follow up twice and she still didn't get back to me. Finally my friend was sent an email that I "was not interested in the company anymore" even though I had followed up twice trying to find out if they wanted me or not. Emailed the recruiter at this point and she lied and said she had replied to me and that they decided not to pick me.

Interview Questions
  • Just asked general question about my current job. Did not ask anything about previous jobs.

Gartner

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Gartner in Aug 2019

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter first, after he sent me an email describing what we would go over in the interview. That was a great help. The experience was great. If you really prepare and follow the STAR method the interview is not difficult. I am on to my next stage of the application process - the interview with hiring managers and people in the position I am looking to get hired for. I will update this review as I progress with the application

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Several rounds of phone interviews (initial phone screens with recruiters and then follow-up calls with hiring managers), including behavioral-based questions, followed by an in-person presentation with roleplay scenario. The process was fairly laborious and it felt like I had to jump through a lot of hoops.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in Jun 2019

Interview

The interview Process was long, it took 2.5 months of phone calls and emails to land the final interview on the Campus in Fort Myers. Gartner is a large employer here in SWFL. I personally had a poor experience with the company. 2.5 months is a long time for any company for interviewing process. I went through two recruiters, and roughly another five individuals to make it to the final interview. It has been roughly one week since my final interview and I still have not heard back from the recruiter! they told me it would be 48 hours with an answer be email. I previously applied to this company 3 years ago many of my friends got hired in at the time, and same situation happen recruiters/interviewers do not manager their time properly and do not care about potential candidates unless it benefits them (successful referrals that are hired by the Gartner team the employee earns a 1,500 dollars check after the probation period). Imagine a company this large of 15,000 employees. They do not communicate very well together. No one was on the same page with the processes and when they were reaching out towards me. Once I got to the campus I realize I was not a fit for the company they sell you on the dream and how great Gartner is as a company, it is pretty much a giant call center! What I personally saw was a lot of fake smiles and fraternity/Sorority life there. As I was misinformed about the role early on it sounded as for the CP roles CEO/CIO would reach out to you to utilize their services. It was completely wrong. You will have a book of business from 250-300 clients and it is strictly outbound calling to these companies to make sure they are maximizing their use of Gartner services. You must retain 80% of your clients so roughly 260/300. Imagine how busy these individuals are running their companies the likelihood of connecting is small. On the back end you have sale executives that could of possibly over sold services to the company (larger commission checks) which more than likely happen. Now you have an upset client that signed a contract that is unable to downgrade but only to upgrade, so the chances of them retaining their services with Gartner is small. Now I see why there is a large turnover with this company. I have a few colleagues that work here and I asked about turnover in their sales/CP roles roughly 60% will be turnover in the first year. Once hired you join an academy that is 2 months of 30 students. On average what I was told from a colleague is that they will only roughly keep 20-22 candidates and let the other ones go. Then you still have another three months to make sure your a great fit for the company if not they will let you go. I would say this is an average right out of college company to work for, but do not look at making it a career. I do not see the value when there are many other large employers in SWFL that offer better wages, benefits, and culture. Out of the eight individuals I personally know working there (friends/Colleagues) two of them are left, this is roughly in about a 36 month period. If you are into calling and getting shot down for 55k year and potentially not having a job in twelve months give this place a shot. I would personally keep your options open.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to overcome a challenge, and what steps did you take to maximize the outcome.
4 people found this interview helpful