American Express Reviews
82% would recommend to a friend
(14400 total reviews)
Stephen J Squeri
90% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There are always people and teams you can get along with and have a good work/life balance." (in 1880 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and the array of what you are eligible for is impressive." (in 1105 reviews)
- "Most of the people are great; I built great friendships with a lot of the people there." (in 767 reviews)
- "Culture is great and respect among employees is really good" (in 752 reviews)
- "Good pay and very free" (in 494 reviews)
- "Base salary was low but once commission kicked in it was well worth the wait." (in 376 reviews)
- "Poor management team leads will overlook blatant collection law violations to achieve their teams numbers even to the point of lying to their card members" (in 308 reviews)
- "Everything is good if your manager is good." (in 156 reviews)
- "Limited growth opportunities and learning" (in 86 reviews)
- "long hours and schedules include weekends" (in 86 reviews)
Found 14,400 of over 17K reviews
Updated 3 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.08 Nov 2023Universal ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Incredible Training and development provided to prepare you for the job
Steep learning curve for new processes and compliance practices
- 4.029 Sept 2023Marketing ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Hybrid work schedule and the company cares about the well-being of employees.
Salary offered could be better and may lack work life balance sometimes.
American Express Reviews FAQs
American Express has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 16,851 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at American Express to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
82% of American Express employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated American Express 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.