Micron Technology Design Verification Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1,249.0 interviews

Interviews at Micron Technology

Positive75%
Negative25%
Applied online63%
Employee Referral38%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Boise, ID) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviews (six total) were conducted via Zoom, each being one-on-one and lasting an hour. It was a mix of technical questions about CMOS circuit questions and logic gates, and explaining some aspects of my current role within the company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you construct a NOR gate only from NAND gates?
    Answer Question
  • There's a circuit diagram of two parallel capacitors with different charge voltages, connected by a transistor. What happens to those two voltages when the transistor turns on?
  • There's a circuit diagram of a pulse generator: a 2-input NAND gate with one of the inputs three inverters downstream from the other input, with some propagation delay for each inverter. Given the timing diagram of the input, what does the output look like?
  • Draw the IDD diagram (current as a function of time) of an inverter when the input switches from OFF to ON.
  • Draw the truth table for a NAND gate.
  • How would you write a test with randomized input (with bounds)?
  • What are some specific challenges you've faced in your current job, and how did you work through overcoming them?
  • Are you a team player?
  • Have you mentored anyone in your job? What did you learn and what would you do differently from that experience?
  • Describe what a memory array looks like, what a sense amp generally does, and what an equilibration circuit does.
  • What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in five years?
  • Do you like to document things?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Hyderābād) in Dec 2020

Interview

5 rounds 1.written test (Digital electronics,verilog,system verilog,UVM) all mcqs around 30questions 2. 3 technical interviews on same day. 2.a 1st round was completely based on projects ,verilog ,system verilog and uvm. 2.b 2nd round was completely digital electronics ranging from basic gates to design of different circuits . 2.c 3rd round practical coding is tested using verilog ,system verilog and uvm. 3. final HR if cleared with all the above rounds .

Interview Questions
  • 1. write assetions to find the numers which are 2 powers.ex 2^0,2^1.....? 2.design counters for different scenarios like desing mod 15 counter but it should skip counting 0,3,4,8,5

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Hyderābād) in Dec 2020

Interview

I have applied through a referral and my resume got shortlisted for micron online test. Test has digital, verilog, sv and uvm sections separately. I have cleared the test and got a call with in 2 days that I have been shortlisted for interview. I have been interviewed 3 hrs continuously. The next day I received a call stating that I have final discussion with manager. After manager round I got a call from micron team that it's confirmed.

Interview Questions
  • Basic digital, verilog questionscan be answered if you know the concepts well, Sv was totally into randomization , coverage and assertions. Uvm basic things initial rounds and in depth in last round. In manager round all digital, verilog, sv and uvm were covered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Micron Technology (San Jose, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

A Micron employee sent my resume to HR and I got interviewed within a week. The panel interviews went very well and based on the feedback from the interviewers, I expect the final step would be a final interview with the hiring director. The problem is the recruiter just ghosted the candidate right before the final step and stopped moving the process forward. It baffled me but when I read other reviews I can't help but realize that this guy tried to block qualified candidates in order to prolong his tenure and protect his job security at Micron. This was unfortunate and unethical but happened since one's case can be easily lost in the pool of candidates without management being able to check or audit it.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Hyderābād) in Oct 2020

Interview

The Interview was 3-4 hrs. I was interviewed by 4 people individually one after the other. The Interview was on Digital Electronics, Verilog, System Verilog, STA and UVM. I was asked few questions on my VLSI project. The Interview was really satisfactory. The level of questions asked were good in Digital, Verilog and SVA. The UVM was not focussed upon much.

Interview Questions
  • Difference between latch and flip flop, Sequence detector design, Divide by n circuits for different values of n. Few scenarios of assertions, Verilog code for positive edge detector and negative edge detector, Setup and Hold time and few codes to debug and provide output. basic questions in digital on mux, questions on code synthesizing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

I had one round of phone interview followed by 6 rounds of video/virtual interviews. It covered UVM concepts, coding UVM components, coverage, some system verilog questions, SV constraints, test plan writing and my resume.

Interview Questions
  • Write UVM driver/monitor Come up with a test plan Write constraints

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Micron Technology (San Jose, CA) in May 2020

Interview

Its a SHAM! I was contacted by an underpaid, rude, no-degree HR for design verification position. Since it is shelter in place, all the interviews were conducted online. First round was with one of the team member, which was technical in nature. He asked me about my projects and past experience. Technical questions included about constrain random, assertions and UVM environment. Next series of online interviews were with people from different groups. Questions varied from OOPS concepts, system verilog, UVM, coverage, verilog and digital logic basics. I think I did well with most of them expect for verilog and digital logic basics. Questions were from school which I struggled to answer. Last interview was with Director/VP. He was very polite and knowledgeable. Infact all the interviewers were nice expect for old Indian lady (she should retire). I get message from HR the next day that they were interested in moving ahead with me and asked for my base pay expectations. I hesitant giving a number but since he was so adamant in a number, I thought of giving a range. And BOOM! he disappear. After following several times and getting vague answers like, "I will have an update tomorrow", "I will contact the director again", "I will call you tomorrow with an update". Very unprofessional behaviour by the management and the HR. Total waste of time and resources. I hope higher management look into this "Ghosting Trend" and improve on their side.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Constraint random, assertions, UVM env 2. OOPS concept 3. Coverage, python scripting 4. Verilog and digital logic
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Micron Technology (Milpitas, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

First a HR phone interview followed by a hiring manager phone interview, then onsite interview at Micron Milpitas with 4 team members and lunch with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed