Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied to the role and was asked to fill out a survey of my skills. Set up a phone interview that was rescheduled by them literally last minute. Interviewer was nice, no behavioral/technical questions but it was just them basically repeating the survey and retyping my answers. Redescribed my experiences using all the tech in the job posting and said info will be passed to hiring manager. It was also clear they did not look at my resume whatsoever, by asking if I have experience with the technology when all my projects use it. Over in less than 10 minutes, hour later rejection email. I assume it's because of my lack of 1 yr experience. Was this not an entry level role? Seriously, why bothering going through the whole process in the first place. Disappointing

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very well structured, engaging managers and quick responses. High quality process with lots of relevant information about the role. Never felt unclear about expectations or the timeline of interviews. Would recommend applying

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Great !
    The requirements are fair. You need to practice your basic data structure and algorithm. I think the most important for the interview is that you fit in their culture. Look up culture at Microsoft on their website to learn more.

Interview Questions

• Graphs, 2D Matrix, String manipulation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are about 3-4 separate technical interviews in the coding language of your choice. You must first apply through the jobs and careers page in the company site and then check the action center periodically before you receive an email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked behavioral questions on my resume prior to a random coding question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

They gave me a 30 minute coding challenge where I had to show my coding process to an interviewer on screen. I had to explain my code to the interviewer about why I wrote my code in that way.

Interview Questions

• Why did you write your code this way?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Didn't get an offer but it was a great experience overall. All people I came in contact with were very nice. The recruiter was very supportive throughout the process and let me know of the feedbacks the day after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interviewers were all super nice (except one guy who was semi-rude). The interviews were intense. I studied tons of LeetCode problems, but all of my interview questions were questions I didn't practice (bad luck). However, my knowledge of DS&A is what allowed me to find the solutions. Seriously, study your DS&A. Also, be social and make them laugh, it works.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2020.

Interview

I applied for the Ability Hiring Event because I'm Autistic. The final round of interviews were virtual. However the interview was still like that for a normal person, because my interviewers still expected me to be "normal". It was no different from all my previous interviews. I could not be myself the entire time. Ability Hiring Event? More like a scam.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a singly linked list in groups of k.
      Ex. input list = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]
      For k = 2, result is [2, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 8, 7, 10, 9]
      For k = 3, result is [3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 4, 9, 8, 7, 10]
      For k = 4, result is [4, 3, 2, 1, 8, 7, 6, 5, 10, 9]   Answer Question
    • If you wanted a green button but your teammate wanted a pink button, what would you do? How do you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • Find the kth largest number in a stream. If there are less than k numbers, return the maximum.   Answer Question
    • Rearrange all characters in a given string into a palindrome if it's possible.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

I was given a difficult 3 question assessment which I was able to finish and did very well. The only issue is the recruiter who ghosted on me and its been more than 3 weeks and I have not received any response regarding next step.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   9 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.