Microsoft Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.3

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

first stage was with the recruiter to get background information.
Second stage was interview with 2 different groups consisting of a manager and a peer.
the manager asked behavioral questions while the peer asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Huntersville, NC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

My interview consisted of a two hour interview over the phone. The interview was very pleasure. I had a technical interview and a soft skills interview. It was a relaxing interview. The only thing is the amount of time it took to get the interview and the amount of time to hear back. They told me it was because of the new system they put in place but it still was a little frustrating but it’ll everyone was very apologetic and reassuring.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshooting issues? Walk me through it.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Allentown, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief and to the point. I did not have a degree or background to match the position but gave me a chance. Very friendly but did not seem to expect much considering my background. nice guy and tried to keep it very casual and ease any nerves i had

Interview Questions

• how would I deal with a needy and persistent customer without the help of a manager   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Was introduced to recruiter at career fair. Received e-mail of interest from recruiter within two weeks. Had two phone interviews asking mainly technical questions followed by in-person interviews with four managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you encountered and how you worked to solve it   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is conducted on Skype due to oversea's position. Time of interview was 40-50 minutes. 10-12 questions. To prepare for this interview, I assort about 10-15 Microsoft interview questions and most of them are what I received as interview question. However, some of questions that have no correct answers are hard to answer, it is definitely best to think and prepare them before interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a refrigerator (or a calculator)?
      If you are to build a kitchen, what will it look like?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

1 round have to answer 12 questions on the phone. 80% correct rate will earn you a ticket to the 2 round.
    2 round talk to a senior support engineer about troubleshoting questions
    3 round onsite to meet the team, last round was still tough, I was asked a lot tough questions like from the windows networks to windows clusters, from software to hardware tuning

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

They got my resume through college career services. The interview consisted of 4 1:1 interview each lasted for 45 minutes. three of them were much more at behavioral side and one was general programming.

Interview Questions

• Everything was too general. Couldn't even figure out what they were looking for.   2 Answers

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Campus interview is easy, just talk previous working experience.
    Phone interview is not hard, just anwer the question about "the most difficulty of your work..."
    The day before onsite interview, there is a dinner to meet engineers in MS.
    Onsite interivew is intensive. Talk to 4 person, and 45 minitues per person. Everyone will give you a like behavior question, such as "what would you do if something happened..."
    They are very nice persons, every student is exciting about the interview, but not everyone can get offer.
    By the end of interview day, the offer will be known.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

the process is quite smoothly and check with HR, HR will deliver the resume with the team managers

When we process the inteview, it will raise some common techincal issues and some IQ issues

Negotiation

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Issaquah, WA (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Referral, HR phone screen and then in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty close ended

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.