Rakuten Devops Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 819 interviews

Employee Referral33%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

step 1: code test, step 2: 2 rounds of interviews. step3: offer letter. 1st interview: tech problems. not very hard. 2ed interview: culture match. learned a lot. hr is very good and positive btw.

Interview Questions
  • Difference of Java and python.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

First interview - with manager. Second Interview - technical Interview with an engineer. In first Interview - question was relevant to experience, tools, troubleshooting. monitoring tools, Kafka vs RabbitMq comparison. In Second Interview most of the questions was related to Docker and kubernetes.

Interview Questions
  • Regarding DevOps fundamentals. Kubernetes - pod, networking.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Oct 2020

Interview

Worst Interview Experience I ever had in my professional life. - Applied through employee referral, got 2 first rounds as online coding/MCQ rounds - After this, went through 3 subsequent interviews (you can't proceed unless you qualify the previous one). First 2 as technical and the final round as HR, just asking normal questions. I was confident to get in and even my referrer congratulated me that I am in. - This whole process took almost more than 1 month, after which the most troubling thing happened. They ghosted me for 3 weeks after the final round, no communication at all. - Then suddenly their HR member calls me asking details on Name, Visa, and other stuff. I said Ok, must be related to offer letter. - After 3 more days, the most bewildering thing happens which I have never experienced in my whole life. Here I am expecting an offer letter from them, and they reply that they won't be hiring me, without any reason. - I am extremely shocked since all the interviews were over with positive feedback from all of them, and now they suddenly, randomly, just decide to reject me. After mailing, they say "internal HR manager" discussion (who have no idea about my interviews at all, wonder on what grounds did they make their decision). All in all, they wasted more than 2 months, took 5 rounds and wasted everyone's effort involved in the process including me and the interviewers and finally rejected without any reason, citing internal HR manager's discussion. This was my worst experience yet, not only interview-related but overall as well. My whole effort and time was wasted over these last 2 months. I won't wish the experience I had even on my worst enemy. Sincere advice: Don't apply at Rakuten. DON'T, even if you are desperate. You can qualify through all the rounds with flying colours and still get a hard, cold rejection instead of an offer letter in the end.

Interview Questions
  • - DevOps questions on CI/CD, AWS, experience regarding these technologies
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo) in Oct 2019

Interview

I have applied online, after that I got Codility test related to anagrams as first step of interview. Unfortunately at this time i didn't have so much experience in writing algorithms so i didn't pass codility test, so they refuse my application.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rakuten (Singapore) in May 2018

Interview

It had 2 Technical rounds - 1 coding round and 1 technical interview round. Coding round involved questions around Vagrant, ansible and docker like tools and Technical & personal interviews included Indepth technical questions and personality analysis.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were mostly around On premise infrastructure deployment and automation and also a bit about the Personal leadership presentation.
3 people found this interview helpful