Rakuten Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 201 of over 948 interviews

Recruiter11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Was asked DP and graphs. Not to mention it's the most horrific interview I ever had. Even companies like google, Amazon, and Microsoft ask less difficult questions. I'd not recommend for anyone and the compensation is too low.

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

process is very good and effective to communicate with the peoples. good exposure. friendly process and questions are very clear. peopeles are quite good. got 3 rounds from rakuten, technical coding and managercal

Interview Questions
  • basics question from java and algorithms
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten in Jul 2022

Interview

Initially a 1 hr test having mcq's and 1 coding problem on hacker earth platform followed by Interview process which happened on zoom. There was 1 technical interview followed by 1 final HR interview.

Interview Questions
  • explain OOPs in Java, inheritance, aggregation, basics of Java? Linked list vs Array list? explain Polymorphism? explain overloading and overriding? explain internal working of HashMap? explain Collections in Java? explain new Java 8 features like stream Api and functional interface? explain Spring framework and its advantages? using stream api, filter a list of Student objects whose age is greater than 20.

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

They didn't interview me at all even after I clear written exams . They didn't contact us back even after so many attempts. So not satisfied with the response by the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Interview Questions
  • 7) In software development process what is the meaning of debugging? Debugging is the process that results in the removal of error. It is very important part of the successful testing. 8) How can you make sure that your code is both safe and fast? In the software, development security is always first. So if the execution of the program is slow then, I will try to identify the reason out ways to its time complexity. 9) Name two tools which are used for keeping track of software requirements? There many l ways to keep track of requirements.

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rakuten in Apr 2022

Interview

Usually I do not write reviews here, but the interview experience was so horrible that I do not wish others to face the same treatment. Even if I got the job offer I would not accept and I think I'll never apply again to this company. The job interview was conducted by 2 non-japanese guys. The first guy's English was not good to the point I was answering the wrong question. The second guy soon stopped the first one and after that took control of the interview. There were questions that I could not answer, but seems that put the second guy in a bad mood or he was already in a bad mood even before the interview (I'll never know). I don't know if I was failing to answer simple questions due to my inexperience or I was not giving the expected answer. After only 15 minutes the guy was annoyed and clearly wanted to finish the interview. I have stated on the beginning of the interview that I did not have professional experience on the tech that they use, but was studying and doing some simple personal projects and yet I feel they wanted someone with full experience. At the end of the interview I was allowed to ask questions, but they answered vaguely or did not answer at all. This seems like a company that treats engineers as light bulbs (easily replaceable) and from the guy's humour I'll assume the culture is not great. I think most companies forget that the interviews are a two-way interaction and the interviewers also reflect the "face" of the company. My first impression of this company is foverer tainted and would not recommend to anybody.

1 person found this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rakuten in Apr 2022

Interview

I had a 1-hour interview during which I was asked about my experience, frameworks that I use, deployment, etc. Detailed questions on the architecture of your current project. Also, there was 1 live coding task.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the architecture of your current project and how deployment is configured?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten (Bangalore)

Interview

First Interview with the hiring manager that included some system design. Which was followed by two rounds of coding, one behavioral interview and a system design interview in the end.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Angers

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten (Angers)

Interview

Rakuten India interview preparation: Interview preparation tips for other job seekers - The first round consists of 30 technical questions to be answered in 30 minutes. In second round 30 technical questions and 2 coding questions were asked. Third round is interview which is virtual. He asked questions mainly on personality related type. 1. About hobbies. 2. What is your future goal? 3. Where would you like to see yourself after few years? 4. How do you handle pressure situation? 5. About staying in hostel/pg. 6. Why is your academic score low? 7. Quick learner or not. 8. Why do you need this job? 9. About family background That's all:) I got call after 4 days. He told your interview is on positive side and I got offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten (Tokyo)

Interview

one video interview, there are two engineers and give a algorithm like problem but at the start of the interview they said they ain't got much time so keep pushing the interview. for the question is not difficult but need to deal with the ambiguity. However, they don't care about it, just want the interviewee to come up a perfect solution they want.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Interviews