Rakuten Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 810 of over 810 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

The first round was very typical. They would ask questions that most companies would ask such as why are you applying for this job, what was your major experience in college, what are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    Answer Question

Rakuten

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Telephonic first: Introductory 2nd and 3rd Zoom call screen sharing, questions on sql and Data Modelling scenarios. 4th round Onsite interview, questions on sql and python.Questions from your resume. 5th round VP Final round was the HR round once you have cleared all the above rounds

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rakuten (Bangalore) in Sep 2021

Interview

There are total 2 rounds, in the First round they mainly focused on the problem solving skills, In the 2nd round specific to system design, spring , and project based question

Interview Questions
  • In the first round question based on LinkedList implementation to add method and delete method, it should work similar to java add and remove method. remove duplicates from the linked list. 2nd round Managerial round - explain mvc pattern, how you handle huge amount of data, micro-service based question. i think he is not in a mood to take the interview, he has completed it in 15 minutes, asking question 1 by 1 without listening to my answer.

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

4 rounds in total. First was a coding test. Second and third interviews were mainly technical interviews. They asked about technical questions about the project that I had worked. Final interview was a general interview.

Interview Questions
  • Memory management, security, synchronized method, multi-threads

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Online application and two round of interviews. The first round of technical interview, and the second round of manager interview. The manager interviewer is non-Japanese. Take the form of an online interview using zoom.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rakuten (Singapore) in Aug 2021

Interview

- first, need to complete a technical assessment in a given deadline - shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for the technical round. Technical round will be 1-2 hours - 3rd round is the manager round

Interview Questions
  • Mostly it's an online practical round with some theory-based and programming skills - different initializers in Swift and need to fix the issue in the code they have given - Identify the retain cycle with closures
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rakuten (Bangalore) in Aug 2021

Interview

Worst experience. No proper communication, no feedback. Seems like internal hiring only. Had 1 round on call then after a month again on zoom and got final call in the end of 2nd month. No proper process and waste of time. Even got wrong zoom link once.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rakuten (Bangalore) in Aug 2021

Interview

I interviewed with Rakuten (India). There were 4 rounds. HR general discussion about roles and CTC. Then technical round (1) with a Manager then technical round (2) with another manager. Finally fitment round with leadership followed by HR negotiation. Despite clearing all the rounds and clearly stating the expected CTC I was told that they won't be able to match the salary expectation. I felt it was a waste of time and effort on both the sides. They should clearly have the budget discussion even before scheduling the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

Was unusual as all three rounds were packed into one 1.5 hour interview. Started with getting interviewed by associates then progressed higher up the chain. Product Management team seems composed of mostly old software engineers who transitioned into product, so more technical and less birds-eye view.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rakuten

Application

I interviewed at Rakuten

Interview

I have gone through 4 rounds. They don't know the requirement for which they were hiring. whether they want to hire a software developer, data scientist, 5G tech expert, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Each round has some basic questions and case studies related to data science.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 810 Interviews