Microsoft Program Manager Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Microsoft Program Manager Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.4

Program Manager Intern Interview

Interview

- Initial Screening: Phone Interview
- Final Round: 4-6 interviews all online on Microsoft Teams
Final round interviews are taken by members of the team you'll most likely be working with. They were all very friendly and accomodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and design questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Program Manager Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. A lot of the questions can be answered if you have knowledge of user data and scaleable projects. I don't think anyone with a PM background would do bad on these questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a calculator for a blind person?
      Elevator pitch   1 Answer

Program Manager Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2020.

Interview

I received an email requesting a virtual interview about 3-4 weeks after I applied for the position. It was conducted over MS Teams and went by fairly quickly. The interviewer was nice and seemed interested in my projects and explanations.

Interview Questions

• Basic "tell me about yourself/your projects" questions. "How would you design a refrigerator?"   Answer Question

Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Overall was pleasant - behavior interview went well but technical interview was difficult. Ultimately did not get an offer but the process itself was good. The interviewers were nice and pleasant to me, and had taken time to listen and talk back and forth past the interview times on ice breakers.

Interview Questions

• Biggest problem in a team and how you overcame it   1 Answer
    • How was your day today?   1 Answer

Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

My initial interview was at my university's campus and lasted approximately 30 minutes. My interviewer was 20 minutes late.. He asked me two questions: 1) What is the biggest technical challenge that you are proud of overcoming? 2) How many elevators do you need for a building (after asking some questions, the building is 40 floors - first 10 floors are retail, the next 20 are corporate, and the top 10 are residential)? 4 weeks later, I finally heard from an interview scheduler that I've made it to the final round interview in Redmond, WA. I had a pending offer so they worked with me to get up there as quickly as possible. They covered everything including airfare, rental car, food, and lodging so that was nice. On interview day, I first spoke with my recruiter for less than 10 minutes. I was rushed to the Bellevue office because of the time it took to get there. I ended up hanging in the waiting room for 30 minutes before I was called. The first interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume and then two technical-ish questions. First one was how would I improve the elevator and the second was to write a program to find the area of the intersection of two rectangles. I didn't have any breaks in between any of my interviews. The second interviewer asked me detailed questions about a project on my resume. He then gave me a scenario with a manager, a dev team, and a customer group. The manager wants me, the PM, to increase revenue by $1mil however way I can. The customer wants to increase by $2mil but they will provide resources. The dev team says that they can do $1mil but it won't be immediate. How do you handle the situation? I guess the main point was to notice that the $2mil is actually not better than $1mil because they will be providing more workers than the dev team would've. I didn't make that realization so that probably is where I lost the position. The next interviewer was late by about 15 min (so I guess I did get some break). We ate lunch and just talked about what I like about Bing and what I don't like and random stuff like what I do for fun. We then went back to his office and talked about things on my resume. He then asked me how I would improve the elevator there. They seem to really like questions about elevators. He then told me that I was done for the day and could head back to the recruiting building. I knew at that point I didn't get it since I only got 3 interviews. They got back to me the next day via email that I didn't get it. Overall, it was a good experience and I hope to try again for full-time in the future.

Interview Questions

• You are given two rectangles. Write a program to find the area of the intersection.   3 Answers

Program Manager Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1. Behavioral questions
    2. Write code to determine if a given string is a palindrome

Microsoft took more than a month to get back to me saying I wouldn't be considered for further interviews

Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

One phone screen, and then onsite interview in Redmond. Phone screen was fairly basic, we just went over resume and a brainteaser. Redmond interviews were four one-on-ones. A mix of design questions, resume review, behavioral questions, coding questions, and just general chatting. Heard back the day after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print out the first n primes.   5 Answers

Program Manager Intern Interview

Interview

Phone screen, on campus interviews, then on-site. Pretty standard process. Asked many questions about designing things. I thought that it was important to ask questions back.

The technical questions were fairly easy. Standard recursion questions, and tree traversing.

Final round interviews were 45 min each. There were three of them.

Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website in October. In mid-December, I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of behavior questions and a few technical/critical thinking questions. Overall, the interviewer was very nice and helpful throughout the questions which made the interview go well. Since the holiday season was very close to my phone interview date, I had to wait a little longer to get results, at least that's what they said. During the second week in January, I received an email congratulating and saying that I will move onto the final round of interviews. I was then informed that I would be going out to Redmond in a week later for the on-site interviews.

With just a little bit of information from me, they were able to book the trip for me and I did not have much to do. Once in Redmond for the interviews, we met with our recruiters and they introduced themselves to us. We were then taken by a concierge to The Commons to eat lunch around 11:30. He also showed us a little bit of the campus. After eating lunch, we were guided to explore a little more before we went to the Company Store. We had to be back to the first building by 1 for the start of interviews. Once back, individual people came out to get us for a 1 on 1 interview. Each interview was about 45 minutes with 15 minute breaks in-between where you can play Xbox, use a Surface, snack, or relax on the couch. Half way through, we got a longer break to relax or do whatever.

After all of the interviews concluded, we were told that we would be notified within the next week if we were offered a position.

They pay for your meals and fun activities too! So have fun!

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 concepts of a Program Manager? (I didn't know the specific words he was looking for, but I had the concepts) Everything else was manageable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it's an internship, no negotiations. But it's a GREAT offer anyways.

Program Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

30 mins on campus interview with an engineer, who asked 1 technical question (algorithms) and a product design question. On-site interviews: 4 separate interviews with different program managers within one group, much less scary than I thought it was going to be. The interviews want to see how you think, and they don't expect you to come up with the right answers right away.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.