Apple Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Apple Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and then the recruiter sent me an email to discus
Later they set up a phone interview. Overall the interviewer discussed about the role and what they're expecting . I did my best to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my project and how I cope with pressure   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was relatively straight forward, two phone screens then an on-site. My main complaint with this whole process was the recruiter. The communication from this guy was essentially non-existent the entire time. I felt like I was recruiting myself. After the on-site interview, I was suppose to hear back by the latest, 1 week after my interview. After not hearing back for almost 2 weeks, I emailed the recruiter for an update. Then in almost auto-reply fashion, I received a very generic rejection email, it felt like almost an auto generated response, like "Oh I forgot to tell this candidate he was a no, let me send this email real quick, copy, paste, done". Like I was just another number. I'm pretty sure if I never emailed him for a status update, he would have never replied back to me. I was very very disappointed with this unprofessional communication.

Interview Questions

• About previous roles, technical questions, very deep and very broad range of topics.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter (30 mins)
    2. Phone interview with engineer (1 hour)
    3. Complete a design challenge that literally takes 80 hours if done properly. Ridiculous expectation.
    4. Full day interview that includes presenting your design challenge in front of a large group (1 hour) and meeting with several team members in a 1 on 1 setting, as well as over lunch. They ask you questions about your background of course, but they also have you work on several white board problems, frequently shifting assumptions to see how you think on your toes. Most questions are technical and related to the position, and some are abstract. Some interviewers are friendly, and some try to "see how you do under pressure", aka they are basically A-holes. Arrogant, distant, cold, and difficult to communicate with.

My interviews went well, but I did not get an offer. Total process took 4 months. Are you kidding me? Apple, your drawn out and borderline hostile interview process is overkill. If you cannot determine from a simple one day interview whether or not a candidate is a good fit, there is something wrong with your process. Interviews go both ways, and even if I got an offer I would not accept based on some of the personalities that I saw on the team.

Engineer Interview

Interview

so hard, a lots of questions. interviewed 3 times, with several peoples.
    Please let us know the overall experience of this interview
    Please let us know the overall experience of this interview

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

unfair I answered all questions correctly but the manager seemed did not agree. I checked with my friends in this field they confirmed my response. The manager told somebody will contact me but nobody contacted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Description of my background expertise + technical questions. Interviewer was very friendly and was really like a chat. Felt very relaxed during the interview. Final questions were up to me (curiosity etc)

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was pretty standard. The recruiters seemed pretty professional. They stopped by on campus for job fairs every year, and interested candidates got opportunities to talk with them a little bit. They answered our questions pretty satisfactorily.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me online and the process began with a basic phone screening with the potential supervisor followed by a hardcore phone interview that was purely technical and then finally on-site interview that lasted for 5 hours with 5 different people. The experience was okay but I was disappointed because I didn't get the offer despite the wonderful interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about yourself that you have mentioned in your resume.   2 Answers
    • Tell me about all your projects from school and previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Basic circuit design fundamental questions.   1 Answer
    • Basic state machine design.   1 Answer
    • Abstract system design questions with multiple constraints added as you proceed with your design.   Answer Question
    • Connector selection questions as well as power distribution on PCB   1 Answer
    • Questions about circuit breakers and their transfer function   1 Answer
    • In-dept explanations about the things you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring process started off with a call from the recruiter. From there, there were two technical phone interviews -- each one took an hour and had a live coding portion. I didn't hear back after the second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of low-level C questions, but they don't allow releasing the questions.   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple in January 2017.

Interview

lengthy and tough questions but not bad overall. it went well. I recommend this to others. Study your material and be confident. Enjoy the process and don't get intimated. Be sure to review all your old material.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.