Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.sg

Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.4

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Two phone screens and 1 full day on site where meet with 8 people. Long day then meet vp if on site goes well. HR updates along the interview process on a weekly basis. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by the onsite interview. The onsite interview includes six rounds. The interview panel asked relevant questions. I traveled to CA from a different state to CA for interview. Apple does to cover taxi expense to airport. I had a nightmare to get reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Transmission line, lab equipment, analog design, opamp related questions.   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I met with a recruiter at my campus career fair. I was called back later that day for another 1:1, then did a 45 min phone interview with a manager a week later. I was then flown out for 3 days and spent about 8 hours interviewing with approximately 8 different people. The recruiter called me 3 weeks later(!) to tell me they didn't want to hire me and couldn't give me any feedback.

The person I met at career fair and the manager I spoke to on the phone afterwards were extremely friendly and excited to see me at the on site, but many of the other people clearly were irritated by me being there as soon as they walked into the room. They acted extremely cold and made sarcastic comments during the interviews, such as "your code looks fine. I guess. I don't see why it wouldn't work" or "you probably can't figure this out, but let's see how you try to solve it". Another asked me to refactor my code a half dozen times to work with different designs, then remarked how sloppy my code was by the end.

Most of the engineers interviewing me asked questions from topics covered in a class I am currently taking. One engineer asked me questions from number theory, completely unrelated to the position, and he seemed very irritated when I was able to answer after working my way through the problems. Another engineer asked me if I covered a specific topic related to the position, and when I replied that I hadn't because it was the next thing to be covered in class, he asked me multiple questions about it anyway. He ended his part of the interview by saying "it sounds like you don't know anything about this topic after all" (duh, I told you that!). My last interviewer was a manager who seemed calm and friendly when the interview started, but got increasingly angry with each question I answered correctly. It seemed like they wanted me to fail from the beginning because they only seemed happy when I couldn't answer the odd question correctly.

I was excited to interview at my dream company and happy to meet the first few people I spoke to at the on site, but I was shocked and disappointed by some of the toxic personalities. I would have loved to receive an offer and accept it, but I would be weary about working with some of the people I met.

Interview Questions

• Write the code used in the Meltdown attack (from your personal memory) and explain how it works.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn who thought my background at my previous employer was a great fit. Had a phone screen and he cut it short stating it went very well and invited me in for a "whiteboard session". The opening was for a hardware engineer position and I was told to "brush up on the fundamentals" which was very broad so I went back and reviewed some material relative to communication protocols like i2c, SPI, PCIe,USB etc and other signal integrity techniques as well as fundamentals like voltage division etc.

The first thing they had me do was derive the gain formula for an inverting op-amp. Which caught me off guard as I would not be working in op-amps nor did I have any familiarity with them for over a year coming from a digital design background. Then we went into some signal integrity questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw an op-amp circuit and derive the gain formula.   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied at on campus info session, which is more like a career fair only with Apple. The team leader asked me about my projects and gave me an on campus interview the next day. Asked me two technical question which are fundamental ones and then we talked about my projects more in depth. The interview last 30 mins. The team leader is very nice and I enjoyed the talk

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The interview was done through a phone call. It took about 45 minutes. I was asked two questions and one kind of like sanity check question. The interviewer was very nice and helping developing my answer for the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would detect hardware fault in memory in C   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple in July 2019.

Interview

Met with Hardware Engineering Team member at an Apple Career Fair. Brief chat / interview there and gave resume. Received an HR email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was a 45 minute, entirely technical call.

Interview Questions

• How much PCB experience do you have?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter after 3 weeks, had 2 video interviews after that, the questions were basic RC circuit and other fundamental EE, OPAmps, Filters

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I got 2 Skype interviews in two solid weeks. One was friendly but the other one was very serious. They asked both behavioral and technical questions. I got on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple?
      What do you want to bring to Apple?
      Analyze a given circuit.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted on campus. I Had a one to one interview for about 40 mins. The interviewer asked questions regarding resume and technical questions related to previous work mentioned in resume

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.