Singtel Reviews

Found 1,781 of over 2,292 reviews

3.9
Singtel Group CEO Kuan Moon Yuen
Kuan Moon Yuen
Pros
  • "one of best good work life balance(in 161 reviews)

• "Great culture and working environment(in 105 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be improved further(in 109 reviews)

• "A lot of red tape / beureucracy(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

As wide and diverse a career as you are prepared to back yourself on

Dec 9, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Singtel for 30 years since graduating, and have had one of the widest and most diversified career across many different roles, different functional skills and working across the region in Singapore, Philippines and Australia. Some have been mainstream roles, some start-up, many in different areas outside my core training, and some I had a chance to shape and create when the role didn't first exist. My insights on the company is Singtel management is very supportive of your learning and growth, of moving into new roles. It comes down to your willingness to constantly learn new things, challenge yourself and back yourself. If so, the management and culture supports that very well. It is also a purposeful organization that also respects the individual diversity. So I have always had the opportunity to weave in a broader purpose and my own purpose into my roles, such as to positively impact society, our customers, the environment which is very important as many other companies are there just to make money. Part of my success is that I have also failed in some roles when I took a risk and really stretched myself into new and challenging areas. You only fail if you are not willing to pick yourself up and give it another go, and the culture supports you giving it a go.

Cons

If you like an industry that is fast paced, ever-changing with room for constant innovation, this is also the industry and company to be in. But if you want things to be predictable, unexciting and low risk, then it may be better to consider elsewhere.

Continue reading

Singtel Response

Director People Experience

Hello there, Thank you so much for your very inspiring post. Spending over 30 years with a company is indeed a huge achievement! In my 5 years with the company, I have personally seen how the company continue to strive, innovate and transform - something that we have to do so to stay relevant. I have also seen the amount of resources and energies poured in to ensure our 20-over thousand employees keep pace with this change. In this regard, I totally connect with your sharing about the supportive management and culture. Your sharing also reinforced many of my beliefs when it comes to working life such as (1) large companies offer wide and diverse opportunities to its employees provided employees adopt the right attitudes and openness to learn and to embrace opportunities as part of their professional development and (2) the need for us to continuously learn, unlearn and relearn, to dare to innovate and reinvent and not be discouraged if we were to fail. Does certainly remind us of the often used phrase - failure is the mother of all successes! Cliche but very true. Thank you once again for your sharing. Wishing you all the very best and please stay safe.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Singtel

Jun 3, 2022 - Network Security Engineer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working environment Good team building

Cons

Below average salary, No AWS, Few Staffs benefits

Singtel Response

Lead People Experience

Hello there, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated. Please stay well and take care!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent place to work

Aug 16, 2022 - Service Delivery Director in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Oppurtunity to Learn and grow

Cons

none I can think of

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company great people

Aug 16, 2022 - Management Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits and Motivated staff

Cons

Inevitably long hours as the team is lean

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A decent company to work with

Aug 12, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You will learn many things here - Depends on the team, but most of the team they implement agile methodology very well, and also always update for the best practice. - Benefits are good and decent, all offices have fitness place - They want to upgrade to the latest technologies and version (in term of dependencies) - Diversity in term of races and religion is handled properly

Cons

- Deployment window is after midnight, so every deployment you'll wake up from midnight to morning, event though it'll have shifting process - Sometimes exhausted and quite tired for all the tasks because they are using agile very well and the work load is full for every sprint, you need to stay focus and finish all the tasks soon - Because this is realtime service so the stress and tense some time is high and need to solve fast

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Culture

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues and environment to work .

Cons

pay is not as competitive as other companies

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Overall good

Aug 3, 2022 - Network Engineer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing special, overall good for all.

Cons

Nothing special, just need to OT for some cases

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Singtel Assoc

Aug 2, 2022 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance amicable work environment

Cons

lack of guidance at the junior level

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Nice

Aug 16, 2022 - Senior Data Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Major Telco with large market dominance

Cons

Too big, it becomes siloed

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Favoritism

Aug 16, 2022 - Customer Relationship Executive in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

unable to think of any pro

Cons

The environment is toxic with reporting manager being biased

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,781 Reviews

Singtel Reviews FAQs

Singtel has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,292 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Singtel to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Singtel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Singtel. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

77% of Singtel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Singtel 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Singtel to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management,