Singtel Reviews

Found 1,668 of over 2,151 reviews

3.8
Singtel Group CEO Kuan Moon Yuen
Kuan Moon Yuen
Pros
  • "one of best good work life balance(in 161 reviews)

• "Great culture and working environment(in 105 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be improved further(in 109 reviews)

• "A lot of red tape / beureucracy(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

As wide and diverse a career as you are prepared to back yourself on

Dec 9, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Singtel for 30 years since graduating, and have had one of the widest and most diversified career across many different roles, different functional skills and working across the region in Singapore, Philippines and Australia. Some have been mainstream roles, some start-up, many in different areas outside my core training, and some I had a chance to shape and create when the role didn't first exist. My insights on the company is Singtel management is very supportive of your learning and growth, of moving into new roles. It comes down to your willingness to constantly learn new things, challenge yourself and back yourself. If so, the management and culture supports that very well. It is also a purposeful organization that also respects the individual diversity. So I have always had the opportunity to weave in a broader purpose and my own purpose into my roles, such as to positively impact society, our customers, the environment which is very important as many other companies are there just to make money. Part of my success is that I have also failed in some roles when I took a risk and really stretched myself into new and challenging areas. You only fail if you are not willing to pick yourself up and give it another go, and the culture supports you giving it a go.

Cons

If you like an industry that is fast paced, ever-changing with room for constant innovation, this is also the industry and company to be in. But if you want things to be predictable, unexciting and low risk, then it may be better to consider elsewhere.

Singtel Response

Director People Experience

Hello there, Thank you so much for your very inspiring post. Spending over 30 years with a company is indeed a huge achievement! In my 5 years with the company, I have personally seen how the company continue to strive, innovate and transform - something that we have to do so to stay relevant. I have also seen the amount of resources and energies poured in to ensure our 20-over thousand employees keep pace with this change. In this regard, I totally connect with your sharing about the supportive management and culture. Your sharing also reinforced many of my beliefs when it comes to working life such as (1) large companies offer wide and diverse opportunities to its employees provided employees adopt the right attitudes and openness to learn and to embrace opportunities as part of their professional development and (2) the need for us to continuously learn, unlearn and relearn, to dare to innovate and reinvent and not be discouraged if we were to fail. Does certainly remind us of the often used phrase - failure is the mother of all successes! Cliche but very true. Thank you once again for your sharing. Wishing you all the very best and please stay safe.

2. 5.0

1 year review

Apr 20, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Friendly colleagues - Good work life balance

Cons

- Nothing bad to say at the moment

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 16, 2022 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work with

Cons

Projects are stressful at times

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive Review

May 16, 2022 - Senior Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company Culture. Management try to listen to the ground. Most staff are friendly.

Cons

Ongoing Re-org is messy and cause gaps in work process. Some older staff is resistance to changes.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good stepping stone

May 12, 2022 - Automation Engineer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Experience that might not come by easily

Cons

Could improve on HR department.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

My experience with Singtel so far.

May 11, 2022 - Senior Web Developer in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair and supportive environment. Work-life balance.

Cons

Dev environment should improve to increase our performance.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 12, 2022 - Facility Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good activity for work place

Cons

Excellent technical support in the office

8. 4.0

Transforming.

May 5, 2022 - Solutions Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company's branding is still impactful in Singapore. A lot of things to learn.

Cons

The processes from legacy hinders the changes and transformation being put in place. Long hours and a lot of work.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Workplace

May 5, 2022 - Program Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and working environment

Cons

Loss of management direction and style

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good comoany to work with

May 3, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Tampines New Town,
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

No prospect for my post

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,668 Reviews

Singtel Reviews FAQs

Singtel has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 2,151 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Singtel to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Singtel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Singtel. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

73% of Singtel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Singtel 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Singtel Job Seekers